Ontopic London riots

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
I was wondering if our resident limeys or anyone else had thoughts about this. Indeed what is going on

It's nothing different that the Rodney King riots in LA, except less racism and more 'we've been uptight for a long ass time, and we don't even get to hate on the Irish or Commies anymore so let's bring it on home'

Will the London community come together and clean up this mess after the riots are said and done, like Vancouver-ites did a few months ago?

Will the London community come together and clean up this mess after the riots are said and done, like Vancouver-ites did a few months ago?

the US will probably do it on the backs of the taxpayers. joking but it wouldn't surprise me in the least

the US will probably do it on the backs of the taxpayers. joking but it wouldn't surprise me in the least

I hear there is already talks of sending in troops after we can secure a UN resolution. It's being ushered to a vote by Libya.

It's nothing different that the Rodney King riots in LA, except less racism and more 'we've been uptight for a long ass time, and we don't even get to hate on the Irish or Commies anymore so let's bring it on home'

Actually it is a bit of racism as well as police vs. the public conflict. I fear Cameron will have an issue when part of the reason for the conflicts is retaliation to the police and he's tripling the number of them on the streets.

And 3 days of riots? It would have been over quicker than that.

Actually it is a bit of racism as well as police vs. the public conflict. I fear Cameron will have an issue when part of the reason for the conflicts is retaliation to the police and he's tripling the number of them on the streets.

And 3 days of riots? It would have been over quicker than that.

Two totally different issues. Comparing the two is asinine.

Two totally different issues. Comparing the two is asinine.

Some sources say the riots are being escalated because of resentment the police force. Cameron is adding more people to the police force on the streets to stop the rioting. You don't think those that got angry over the police won't be getting more angry of that move? How AREN'T they tied?

Some sources say the riots are being escalated because of resentment the police force. Cameron is adding more people to the police force on the streets to stop the rioting. You don't think those that got angry over the police won't be getting more angry of that move? How AREN'T they tied?

Holy fuck that took awhile to draw a connection there. Here's how I'll rip that connection apart easily. Police shooting a man is a decision made by one police officer that was completely and utterly unwarranted, the increase in police numbers is a decision made by a governing body put in place to make these decisions and this decision is completely and utter warranted.

Holy fuck that took awhile to draw a connection there. Here's how I'll rip that connection apart easily. Police shooting a man is a decision made by one police officer that was completely and utterly unwarranted, the increase in police numbers is a decision made by a governing body put in place to make these decisions and this decision is completely and utter warranted.
Don't get me wrong, I would do the same thing David is doing in the same situation (really the only thing he can do) but it bears watching that things could escalate further before calming down.

Don't get me wrong, I would do the same thing David is doing in the same situation (really the only thing he can do) but it bears watching that things could escalate further before calming down.

Doubt it. The military is on standby.

mldiu.jpg