Ontopic London riots

NME is too busy squatting at the Palace to post on it.

London has really sounded more and more like a police state the past few years.
Well it is already the most watched city in the world, might as well throw some police on teh ground, too.

They must have cut off internet over there. No Nemo or DJB. Bet he's pissed about paying that extra 5 stones a month for faster internet now...

p05mG.gif

They must have cut off internet over there. No Nemo or DJB. Bet he's pissed about paying that extra 5 stones a month for faster internet now...
...Half the news reports are blaming the spread of violence on wiggers on facebook. You jump to weird conclusions. St Anns looks like it's still a great neighborhood (only place I've ever seen with prostitution warnings) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-14455584

Police in the US can generally shoot people armed or not (20ft rule). All this childish behaviour over one armed guy getting shot seems to be far too tolerant on the part of their government. Send in the Army imo. Too few police, too lenient judicial system.

Holy fuck that took awhile to draw a connection there. Here's how I'll rip that connection apart easily. Police shooting a man is a decision made by one police officer that was completely and utterly unwarranted, the increase in police numbers is a decision made by a governing body put in place to make these decisions and this decision is completely and utter warranted.

While that is correct, the masses still make that connection. They see one bad cop and suddenly all cops are bad.

It's got nothing to do with anyone being shot and everything to do with a small feral underclass taking advantage to loot. All the areas where rioting has taken place have gang activity. Last night, London was quiet and small groups tried it on in other cities. For example, we had one police station attacked with a petrol bomb by 30-40 youths. 8 of them were arrested so I suspect the rest won't be out tonight.

BTW, am posting this from my new £20 laptop. Yay for looters!