A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
New York Yankees:
2006 payroll - $194,663,079
2005 payroll - $208,306,817

They've actually decreased spending since last season, but it's still hilarious how much their payroll is. And now they're out of the playoffs, eliminated by the Tigers with a payroll of $82,612,866. God that's awesome. Maybe they can buy the Series next year.

For purposes of comparison (and comedy), the Florida Marlins payroll this year was $14,998,500.

15 million.....200 million.....now THAT's disparity.

"Baseball has all the money." - Brett Hull

their payroll over the last 5-6 years is in excess of a billion dollars and they still can't go all the way...looks like joe torre is toast

I remember vaguely there was a study done about every team and their budgets and there was no statistical significance with spending vs. success rate.

I remember vaguely there was a study done about every team and their budgets and there was no statistical significance with spending vs. success rate.

In terms of results, yeah. In terms of intent, there's a very significant relation. That's where the humor comes in.

If I played baseball, I would throw the pitches the moment both of the batter's feet stepped in the batter's box. I mean, no waiting for him to dust off or to get situated or positioned or those practice swings. Nope, just step-step-throw. Make the game much faster.

I was going to see the Toronto Bluejays play in August, but then I realized I understand nothing in Baseball.

Cricket is much better.

I love the fact that the Tigers have 1 or 2 former Yankees on their team.
When will Steinbrenner learn that big money players dont lead to success?

Braves are not in it. I dont care, I did pay attention a little bit more that the Yankees are out of it. Its not like I hate them but I just tired of hearing about them.

Baseball is a sport that involves 90% mental 10% physical which is why it is so dam hard to watch. I played baseball all the way through high school and loved it, you could not get me to watch a full game though.