LOL "The Ski is Falling" Polosi

The poor slobs who have to move $248 million worth of furniture for one. The dudes who cut the trees down to make the furniture. Etc, etc.

Barrack Obama last time I checked. Is it the presidents responsibility to draft every single piece of legislation? No, it's not.

:lol: and how do you know the furniture will be wood or even made in the USA. Most likely it will all be made in China.

BO is going along with it, that means he approves it since he wants to sign it. I don't hear him opposing anything, do you? I would really like to know if he is.

and what about this....enjoy

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/12/earmark-less-bill-gives-pelosis-mouse-cookie/

How convenient you glossed over one specific thing in my post, and then came back with a "headline".

:fly:

and what did I gloss over? You made the point about the president not drafting leg. I never said he did, I said he was going along with it.

Here's the thing Kevlar, despite anyone's desire to get a bill passed without earmarks, it simply isn't going to happen in today's political climate. There's simply too much of this bs going on up on the hill. I don't think anybody will approve of every line of the 800 pages of legislation being passed. It's a compromise. I challenge you to write a bill that makes sense and has any hope of actually passing. Do you have any idea what it takes to do this? Sure we need to reform what is going on in DC, everyone seems to recognize that. Is this really the time?

Here's the thing Kevlar, despite anyone's desire to get a bill passed without earmarks, it simply isn't going to happen in today's political climate. There's simply too much of this bs going on up on the hill. I don't think anybody will approve of every line of the 800 pages of legislation being passed. It's a compromise. I challenge you to write a bill that makes sense and has any hope of actually passing. Do you have any idea what it takes to do this? Sure we need to reform what is going on in DC, everyone seems to recognize that. Is this really the time?

This

blinded by partisan politics...you have to at least give the guy a chance...you were more than happy to give the last lunkhead 2 chances despite vastly diminishing returns

EB I don't disagree that there will be earmarks, but it still doesn't make it in our best interests and that's my gripe. These people are not interested in our well being what so ever and as you well know by now, this rush to pass this POS (which was promised to be up for 5 days for the public to read) that ballooned to over 1000 pages that NO ONE READ before signing. (how many contracts do you sign blindly?) And of course I agree on reform, but do you see anything like that coming except more of the same?

Listen to what's posted on his own website. This is all bullshit now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXK2EOLyApU

Last edited:
Here's some more rediculous spending:

$160 million to pay "volunteers" at the Corporation for National and Community Service.
$45 million dollars for the removal of fish passage barriers.
$248 million to buy furniture for the Department of Homeland Security.

wow, this will secure some's job won't it.

$750 billion with no strings attached to banks to restart the credit market, which instead went to paying out huge bonuses and buying other banks instead.

Oh wait, WRONG PRESIDENT!