LOL PANELING

kristchan said:
nope.
currently in South Dakota and not planning to stick around so it's apartment living for me. which I don't mind, but they keep sending me these real estate listings and it's making me itch for my own place.
buying my condo was the best move i ever made. my mortgage payment is like $435/month with $100 for association dues. I couldn't rent a place this size for under $800 - $900/month

CletusJones said:
buying my condo was the best move i ever made. my mortgage payment is like $435/month with $100 for association dues. I couldn't rent a place this size for under $800 - $900/month
how many bedrooms? what's the sq ft? and where the fuck are you so I can move there?

kristchan said:
how many bedrooms? what's the sq ft? and where the fuck are you so I can move there?
I live in a 750sq ft one bedroom on the south/southwest side of Chicago. Two bedrooms in my complex are almost 1000sq ft and go for just under 100k. If you go further east into Indiana, you can get a 2500 sq ft house for like 150k. I looked at a 1500sq ft 2bed/2bath condo for less than what I paid for mine, and that one had been completely redone. I didn't really like the layout and it was kinda far from my family and stuff so I passed and stayed local.

CletusJones said:
two bedrooms in my complex are almost 1000sq ft and go for just under 100k.
meh. too small. and I have no interest in living near Chicago. :)
Houses in South Dakota are way cheap, but I don't want a house. I don't want to have to do yardwork & shovel snow & be the one responsible when shit breaks. :D If I ever own it'll be a condo or townhome.

fly said:
Again, that wasn't out of the ordinary not too long ago...

?? I've been watching mortgage rates off and on over the last few years and I've never seen them drop below 5 for a 30 year fixed, at least not in this area. Now, if you're willing to pay points or something you could get it down that low.