LOL PANELING

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Marklar
₥239.55
Marklar
M240
OMG MY CAPSLOCK IS BORKED!!!11

So, since I'm on spring break (LOL DRUGS) this week I thought I'd pull down the paneling that's all over one wall in my condo.

For reference, here's what the wall looked like on moving day (in May).
http://www.omg-stfu.com/temp/wallwithpaneling.JPG

I hated the way it looked so I went kamikaze after work today and this is what I got.




Who wants to help carry trash?
 
M

Millions

Guest
CletusJones said:
I'd thought about that, it would be "urban revival" or something like that, right?
Exactly. I think the only thing that would discredit you is the fact that it's all...you know...layered and ripped and shit. If it was some big ass flat thing of wallpaper that looked like that...well no one would question you.
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Marklar
₥239.55
Marklar
M240
Drool-Boy said:
So what are you gonna put up in its place?
theacoustician said:
so now what's the plan?
Well, depending on how the plastering goes, I'm hoping to paint it with a dark brown suede paint. The rest of the walls will be a light tan color to compliment. I'm going to replace the carpet with a dark wood floating floor and replace all the trim. It should look killer when I'm done. :)
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Marklar
₥239.55
Marklar
M240
Millions said:
Exactly. I think the only thing that would discredit you is the fact that it's all...you know...layered and ripped and shit. If it was some big ass flat thing of wallpaper that looked like that...well no one would question you.
Well, I could cover it with clear contact paper.....
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
CletusJones said:
Well, depending on how the plastering goes, I'm hoping to paint it with a dark brown suede paint. The rest of the walls will be a light tan color to compliment. I'm going to replace the carpet with a dark wood floating floor and replace all the trim. It should look killer when I'm done. :)
So where is all this money coming from?
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Marklar
₥239.55
Marklar
M240
theacoustician said:
So where is all this money coming from?
I'm a drug dealer on the side. :fly:

Since I knew I wanted to replace all the stuff when I bought the place, I've been saving like mad (my $2500 tax refund is going to help too) to get enough to do a bunch at once. I'm going to do the wall first and go from there.

This summer I'm going to replace my sliding door because you can watch my curtains flap in the breeze from it and I don't want to deal with it for another winter. After that I'm hoping to order my kitchen cabinets and do the floor once I've ripped the old ones out. I'll still have the shitty shitty old appliances for a while but you gotta start somewhere, right?

edit: It'd sure be nice to figure out a way to soundproof my place too, I'm tired of the old guy above me bitching that my sub vibrates all his shit. It's not my fault his fuckin chair is right above it. :mad:
 
Last edited:
K

kristchan

Guest
CletusJones said:
please do! I hate that damn door. The one in my bedroom is okay though, it's right next to my bed ;)
I'll send you the money once I buy my own condo :D
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
Marklar
₥239.55
Marklar
M240
kristchan said:
I'll send you the money once I buy my own condo :D
if you're in IL, IN, or WI, shoot me a PM, I've got a friend who's a loan officer. She totally hooked me up and has done the same for several friends.
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
kristchan said:
I will send you money to replace that mirrored closet door.

Since you're feeling so generous, I'll jump on the "I have mirrored closet doors" bandwagon too....... double sliders. Two of 'em.


Help me kristchan, you're my only hope.
 
K

kristchan

Guest
CletusJones said:
if you're in IL, IN, or WI, shoot me a PM, I've got a friend who's a loan officer. She totally hooked me up and has done the same for several friends.
nope.
currently in South Dakota and not planning to stick around so it's apartment living for me. which I don't mind, but they keep sending me these real estate listings and it's making me itch for my own place.
 
K

kristchan

Guest
BigDov said:
Since you're feeling so generous, I'll jump on the "I have mirrored closet doors" bandwagon too....... double sliders. Two of 'em.


Help me kristchan, you're my only hope.
I'll send you some spray paint to cover them.