LOL Dallas

it snowed here this morning. i was wearing short sleeves yesterday and today it's freezing. tomorrow's supposed to be 55 tomorrow. WWWTTTFFF.

I saw snow on my deck when I got up...not cold enough to stick on the ground though

I'm craving bbq...think I might go get some brisket

It's because God is pissed and hates Dallas. When I was there last couple of weeks for work I was amazed that every McDonalds I went into still served alot of their food/drinks in styrofoam.

It's because God is pissed and hates Dallas. When I was there last couple of weeks for work I was amazed that every McDonalds I went into still served alot of their food/drinks in styrofoam.
styrofoam is still everywhere here. i don't know why.

it kind of should be when the alternative is completely degradable besides the straw...they do keep a drink cold all damned day though which I love
i don't care what you put it in, it may be cold but if it sits all day it's still gonna suck.

I left a diet Coke in a styrofoam cup on my desk at work over the weekend once. On Monday it had lots of little brown tears running down the outside.

it was crying, or it had been torn?

Neither, the diet Coke apparently just dissolved the styrofoam in about a thousand different places. It was pretty freaky. I've been using paper cups ever since. It could have just been lonely, I suppose. Probably didn't help that I emptied it out and tossed it in the trash afterwards. Might be plotting my death now. :yikes:

i'd be more worried about the coke than the cup if that were the case. or perhaps more worried about what my secretary was slipping into my drink.

Yeah, I figure coke with dissolved styrofoam in it is worse than just coke. Maybe a chemist would dispute that though.

i don't care what you put it in, it may be cold but if it sits all day it's still gonna suck.

I put 1/2 lemonade - 1/2 unsweet tea in my cup when I get chickfila so it literally can last a long time and not change a whole lot taste wise

it kind of should be when the alternative is completely degradable besides the straw...they do keep a drink cold all damned day though which I love

My local ultra-hippy friendly coffee shop uses styrofoam cubs because they are recyclable. Bring in your used cups, and they send them off to be processed. They claim those cups are more environmentally friendly than paper cups that fill landfills.