Logic

I just saw this. We are headig out to dinner so I will read it when I get back. I hope it is a math question!

inductive proof (in which the proof of something for one number proves it for all of them)
it's a bit more complicated than that. you have to prove it is true for the initial case, then you have to prove that if it is true for any case it is true for the case that follows. you're creating a rule, showing that the rule works for the initial case, showing that when the rule works for a general case, it works for the case that follows, and as such it works for all cases. I'd say it's exactly the same except that mathematical induction is more formal.

Okay I got curious and read this on my phone while Zac drove.

All I am going to say is that everything is perception. I'm not right in my views of religion and neither is anyone else.

Okay I got curious and read this on my phone while Zac drove.

All I am going to say is that everything is perception. I'm not right in my views of religion and neither is anyone else.
just because no one can prove they're right doesn't mean everyone is wrong. it just means the truth is unknown, and since this is apparently about religion I'm going to go ahead with and unknowable

it's a bit more complicated than that. you have to prove it is true for the initial case, then you have to prove that if it is true for any case it is true for the case that follows. you're creating a rule, showing that the rule works for the initial case, showing that when the rule works for a general case, it works for the case that follows, and as such it works for all cases. I'd say it's exactly the same except that mathematical induction is more formal.
Yeah, they are the same in method. I was trying to differentiate between the relative value of an abstract mathematical proof which uses inductive reasoning and the more general inductive reasoning used in natural sciences. The difference is in the truth value of the premises, and the fact that math is predictable with a certainity, but for a short summary it's easier just to say they are different full stop.

Last edited:
A tiny clarification

MMM... DRY

Most of you have a vague, possibly flawed, likely non thorough idea of the application of logic.

I pretty much stop listening when someone starts off a conversation by attempting to insult my intelligence. If I wanted holier-than-though diatribes, I'd listen to republican oriented talk radio.

I will visit Gigapedia later and school you retards on the implications of aquifer depletion and contamination in agricultural areas. I'm always amazed at how little you know about it. Our public school system is both a joke and a tragedy rolled into one logically inductive-reasoned ball of don't-make-me-fucking-laugh. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to sit in traffic.

I will visit Gigapedia later and school you retards on the implications of aquifer depletion and contamination in agricultural areas. I'm always amazed at how little you know about it. Our public school system is both a joke and a tragedy rolled into one logically inductive-reasoned ball of don't-make-me-fucking-laugh. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to sit in traffic.
Exactly :hugs:

Edit: Wait, it was a tossup between this or a critique of wikipedia. I hate wikipedia. >.O

Last edited:
I quite liked this problem. Took me awhile. It was in Scientific America in the 60s.

Miranda beat Rosemary in a set of tennis, winning six games to Rosemary's three. Five games were won by the player who did not serve. Who served first?

I quite liked this problem. Took me awhile. It was in Scientific America in the 60s.

Miranda beat Rosemary in a set of tennis, winning six games to Rosemary's three. Five games were won by the player who did not serve. Who served first?
assuming that serve alternates (it does, right?) then Miranda served first. Miranda had three breaks (of six wins) and rosemary had two (of three). Miranda needs to work on her serve.