Halp Loctite Form-a-Thread

Right angle drill?

Thread the tap in without drilling?
I'm working through a gap between the subframe and body, probably can't. I've read FAT has been used to build up crankshaft keyways. Max torque is spec'd as 128ft/lb, which is way above what I need. It's only one of the bolts, out of two.

I'm working through a gap between the subframe and body, probably can't. I've read FAT has been used to build up crankshaft keyways. Max torque is spec'd as 128ft/lb, which is way above what I need. It's only one of the bolts, out of two.

I'd do that. Especially knowing the other bolt is good. Be gentle snugging it up, then give the stuff time to set and do it's thing before working the clutch.

Might wanna just put the good bolt in, then bleed it, then do the FAT bolt and leave it sit so it doesn't get wiggled before the stuff can set up.

Last edited:
I'd have to drop the engine to get a drill in there.
How much does the engine have to drop? You might be able to hook an engine hoist on, undo the motor mounts, and lower the engine enough to work without having to disconnect much shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
This is one of those things I'd do right, instead of hacking something up that's gonna break in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Pfft.

If you don't have some extra bolts left over you're not doing it right anyway.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes