local fox news...wtf

The local fox station here does whore out its shows on its news station, but its not as much as most fox news stations.

I think thats because our Fox station isn't owned by news Corp, but by Tribune Broadcasting (the same guys who own the Chicago Tribune)

I don't watch the local Fox News much, but they're huge fans of doing spots on the 11:00PM news along these lines:

"Now we're switching live to Grant Rampy on the scene of the frightening accident"

Cut to this feeb in a trench coat on an empty street

"Hi I'm Grant Rampy, I'm standing here live on the very spot where this terrible accident occured, just TWELVE HOURS AGO........blah blah blah"

why_ask_why said:
getting ready for work this morning I had the tv on the local fox station for morning news and they spent 20 minutes on american idol followed by coverage of the crappy new xmen movie premier...both of these are fox products and they were essentially pimping them on the news as a way of advertising...there should be a law...do your local fox stations run these kind of "news" stories?
lololol

it's cute when you're obvious about your biases :heart:

and yeah, that is bullshit but in general morning news is in no way substantive, for the most part

Krazed said:
lololol

it's cute when you're obvious about your biases :heart:

and yeah, that is bullshit but in general morning news is in no way substantive, for the most part

sure, I have some loyalty to my work, but if there was a cnn local news and they pulled that shit I'd call it out just the same :p