local destinations

Pandora said:
Oooo! I wanna go to the Eastman house! My camera would be verah happy thar. :D
the house is gorgeous, it's amazing what a couple of million could get you back then (like electricity and a hugeass 2-story pipe organ). you have to see it in its full splendor in the summer since the gardens are breathtaking.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh we had Dr. Frank's as well, among others - I don't think I've had keuka yet.

A buddy of mine from Syracuse knows 'em all fairly well, since he makes his own wine.
keuka springs is like this little diamond in the rough vineyard on the other side of the lake from dr frank's. i found the best seyval blanc there, it was to die for. i also like glenora, hickory hollow, and widmer's brickstone wines. we know them all fairly well too since we go down there at least 5 times a year :chikken: :D

One of my all time favorite places in Portland:

http://www.voodoodoughnut.com/

The magic is in the hole ;)

edit/ Cock-n-Balls (Bachlorette party favorite, tripple cream filled, with your favorite saying written right on it. Comes in its own pink box. $4.95 Order ahead as supplies can be limited.) :drool:

Last edited:
Bed

Other than that, I enjoy a few of the nearby forested areas. Belfast and Dublin are also enjoyable during the day. I'm no fan of nightlife though.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
One of my all time favorite places in Portland:

http://www.voodoodoughnut.com/

The magic is in the hole ;)

edit/ Cock-n-Balls (Bachlorette party favorite, tripple cream filled, with your favorite saying written right on it. Comes in its own pink box. $4.95 Order ahead as supplies can be limited.) :drool:
Oh look, sexual innuendo. That's funny.

taeric said:
Nonsense. It is less distracting doing it alone. It is less crowded doing it alone. It is more rewarding doing it alone. You can control the pace more doing it alone.

I think at some point I changed what "it" was. :)

Yes, but at some point you get tired of it. Im not saying that all I do is sit at home day end and day out, I do have an active life, but its rather pointless after a while if you can't share it with someone else.

Galen said:
Bed

Other than that, I enjoy a few of the nearby forested areas. Belfast and Dublin are also enjoyable during the day. I'm no fan of nightlife though.

What qualifies as nightlife? Clubs with house music, pubs and pints, etc?

Sarcasmo said:
What qualifies as nightlife? Clubs with house music, pubs and pints, etc?
Usually clubs, they're always filled with assholes, drugs, binge drinking etc.

I don't mind going out to a nice pub for a drink though.

F33nX said:
keuka springs is like this little diamond in the rough vineyard on the other side of the lake from dr frank's. i found the best seyval blanc there, it was to die for. i also like glenora, hickory hollow, and widmer's brickstone wines. we know them all fairly well too since we go down there at least 5 times a year :chikken: :D
Oh yeah, we had Glenora too :p

Unfortunately I've only been once and we did the wineries around Goose Watch....

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh yeah, we had Glenora too :p

Unfortunately I've only been once and we did the wineries around Goose Watch....
well?!?!?! come on down to visit once the weather gets nicer, we'll take you guys around and show you the good places:D