Little bast ard SPIT on me !!

My ex was Guatemalan so yes, I think of the same. Although she turned out to be nutty but I think thats the general thought on most ex's.

maybe not the thought on all exes but def the thought on all latinas.. d'oh!!!

although i've got quite a flock of crazy exes.. but it's like the chicken and the egg.. were they crazy before they met me or crazy after having dated me??

If you would like to question the way my parents raised me you can nicely go fuck yourself. I tried being reasonable with you by saying that I dislike the way you talk down to people but obviously you just wont let it rest. I am sure you are doing a great job raising your children in the woods, good luck with that.

My oldest son has graduated from college, owns a house and is a virtual success story.

My youngest son is graduating this year and won his department award; he has been accepted for a masters degree at more than one fine college.

I am not the sole reason for their success although their mother and I take much credit. However, none of this is totally topical to the point at hand. You made suggestions and I answered them.

It is hysterically funny that people absolutely love claiming that most things are never the responsibility of those who actually have some control. The government has no control over your ultimate safety. The schools cannot teach you how to behave or force you to learn.

Not every parent can succeed. But the simple truth is that they are the only ones that can have an effect. If my sons were skipping school and smoking pot, I would have changed jobs just to take them to school and pick them up. I would have stitched myself to their hip if I had to. My wife quite her job just to be with ours sons all the way from grade school through high school. Period. We sacrificed. Period. You don't like to hear that... well, tough shit. Some parents (such as myself) view raising children as the greatest thing they could do. Their children are more important to them than anything else. The government, the legal system nor some paid group babysitter had anything to do with raising my sons.

:cool:

maybe not the thought on all exes but def the thought on all latinas.. d'oh!!!

although i've got quite a flock of crazy exes.. but it's like the chicken and the egg.. were they crazy before they met me or crazy after having dated me??

Well my most recent ex was manic depressant but hid it well for the first month or so. I KNOW I didnt make that ONE crazy.

My oldest son has graduated from college, owns a house and is a virtual success story.

My youngest son is graduating this year and won his department award; he has been accepted for a masters degree at more than one fine college.

I am not the sole reason for their success although their mother and I take much credit. However, none of this is totally topical to the point at hand. You made suggestions and I answered them.

It is hysterically funny that people absolutely love claiming that most things are never the responsibility of those who actually have some control. The government has no control over your ultimate safety. The schools cannot teach you how to behave or force you to learn.

Not every parent can succeed. But the simple truth is that they are the only ones that can have an effect. If my sons were skipping school and smoking pot, I would have changed jobs just to take them to school and pick them up. I would have stitched myself to their hip if I had to. My wife quite her job just to be with ours sons all the way from grade school through high school. Period. We sacrificed. Period. You don't like to hear that... well, tough shit. Some parents (such as myself) view raising children as the greatest thing they could do. Their children are more important to them than anything else. The government, the legal system nor some paid group babysitter had anything to do with raising my sons.

To this day I am very happy I did not have overbearing parents such as yourself. I was able to enjoy my youth not spend every waking moment attached to my parents hips. But to each his own.

i hope, dysfunk, that your post is not sarcasm in response to what you thought a sarcastic post.. cause i was being sincere.. all i hear over the course of my day is who's "fault" it is.. "he hit me so i hit him, it's his fault." "my kid didn't learn his math, and you're the teacher, so it's your fault".. never mind that you bring the kid late 3 days out of 5 and he misses half the math lesson.. it's my fault.. :rolleyes:

Actually, I was just trying to fine tune my point. I have the greatest respect for anybody attempting to teach these days... it is truly a calling and a thankless job.

I taught for 2 years at a private catholic school under ideal circumstances. It just wasn't for me (and the pay sucked). That is also one of the reasons that I committed to send my children to school with a learning attitude.

As always, good luck in your calling. Personally, I would bag it. Until the entire system goes under and gets restructured from the bottom up... it just isn't going to work.

think myspace queen Somaya Reece.. :drool: www.myspace.com/somayareece ( i think)

my day is complete.. my dots are green.. and my wife is filipino (NOT hispanic, but lovely nonethless)

oh god :drool:
l_461b4781236dc9c30cb21e84427e58ce.jpg

19628962_l.jpg

To this day I am very happy I did not have overbearing parents such as yourself. I was able to enjoy my youth not spend every waking moment attached to my parents hips. But to each his own.

The fact that you consider my perspective overbearing tells volumes; surely, you think me a bad parent. It would be wrong to impinge on the freedom of my sons to skip school or do drugs. Or, at the most, I should only give them a talking to and so forth... and surely, surely, you believe I should never tell my sons that I would do whatever it takes to keep them on the right path (and then, God forbid, back it up.)

Well, if my sons were skipping school, and so forth, yes... they would have gotten a huge dose of overbearing. Then they would have thanked me for it later. Most children don't want things, like toys or expensive clothes, they want attention from their parents. They want love and security. They want to be able to tell their peers that they can't skip school because their parents watch them too close. Parents are not only a guide for the right things they are the reason/excuse to do the right thing.

As I said before, to the best of their efforts, not all parents will succeed, but... but, only the parents can make a difference. The government will not, the schools will not and the courts will not.

Tell us more about your older son. Is he hot?

The fact that you consider my perspective overbearing tells volumes; surely, you think me a bad parent. It would be wrong to impinge on the freedom of my sons to skip school or do drugs. Or, at the most, I should only give them a talking to and so forth... and surely, surely, you believe I should never tell my sons that I would do whatever it takes to keep them on the right path (and then, God forbid, back it up.)

Well, if my sons were skipping school, and so forth, yes... they would have gotten a huge dose of overbearing. Then they would have thanked me for it later. Most children don't want things, like toys or expensive clothes, they want attention from their parents. They want love and security. They want to be able to tell their peers that they can't skip school because their parents watch them too close. Parents are not only a guide for the right things they are the reason/excuse to do the right thing.

As I said before, to the best of their efforts, not all parents will succeed, but... but, only the parents can make a difference. The government will not, the schools will not and the courts will not.

Well seeing how this is a forum I do not know if you are a bad parent. Also I do not know if you are completely full of shit or only half full. I am happy that my parents allowed me to make my own choices in life. I enjoyed taking the things I had learned from them and making them my own. I did not however need them to hold my hand all the way through life and make choices for me. Some of my choices led me to a harder route but at least I had a chance to make that choice. My parents guided me with wisdom while I was making these choices but they did not stitch themselfs to me. I wouldnt trade my childhood for anything because it was MY childhood. I am a good man with good values who occasionally still likes to be what you would consider as the devil. We each have our own outlook on certain things and once again, to each his own.

who's your buddy now? :cool:

there are better pics of her out there.. she sends them to me weekly.. and only me i'm sure.. :fly:

as i stated, i'm a parent.. it's hard.. i battle almost every day with exactly what you two are discussing.. is it my duty as parent to "push/encourage/mandate" certain things? or since he's getting older, to let him live (and die) by his own choices .. fine, fine, fine line.. it's tough.. I've done both..