Little bast ard SPIT on me !!

the ass jokes are weirdin me out a little bit, but maybe that's why you tell them.. whatever..

i would prob skew on the "strict" side of parenting, believe it or not.. i personally made good grades in school cause my mom told me i was going to.. or face the consequences.. hell, they weren't even always specified.. shit just ain't sound good.. lmao..

i've been teaching 13 years.. (dj'ing clubs about the same amount) and , iono, about 6/8 years ago there was this big push for CHARACTER instruction.. zillion "studies" and surveys and programs.. (after surveying boys and girls clubs, churches, synagogues, schools, etc. Pinellas county finally settled on specific instruction and encouragement of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Self Motivation.. seeing them as cross-race/gender/religious orientation).. but what interested me was that they HAD to initiate a program.. kids weren't getting it from their parents.. the children of the 60's and 70's had come to believe their kids could "find themselves" and who they were gonna' be simply by making choices and living with consequences.. it's not that simple.. they're KIDS.. young people.. they don't know everything they're supp to know yet so it's our job to tell them.. guide them..

i tend to agree with dysfunk.. love ya b and see your point, but overall, IMO, that's how you should TRY to raise your kids.. it's hard tho..

my son just quit baseball.. (said he ran it by me, but the decision hadn't been MADE).. he also plays basketball .. uh.. i thought long and hard about making him not quit, for a variety of reasons, but mainly because i think he's passing up a college scholarship chance.. (lot more slow white dudes playin baseball than hoops, his other love.. let's be real here).. so.. should i have made him continue to play tho he said it "wasn't fun anymore"? iono.. may have just cost us tens of thousands of dollars in tuition.. and, had i made him, may have made my son hate me.. argh..

it's tough.. it's really, really tough.. and there certainly isn't a blueprint.. what works for one family (or one kid) won't always work for another..

My oldest son has graduated from college, owns a house and is a virtual success story.

My youngest son is graduating this year and won his department award; he has been accepted for a masters degree at more than one fine college.

I am not the sole reason for their success although their mother and I take much credit. However, none of this is totally topical to the point at hand. You made suggestions and I answered them.

It is hysterically funny that people absolutely love claiming that most things are never the responsibility of those who actually have some control. The government has no control over your ultimate safety. The schools cannot teach you how to behave or force you to learn.

Not every parent can succeed. But the simple truth is that they are the only ones that can have an effect. If my sons were skipping school and smoking pot, I would have changed jobs just to take them to school and pick them up. I would have stitched myself to their hip if I had to. My wife quite her job just to be with ours sons all the way from grade school through high school. Period. We sacrificed. Period. You don't like to hear that... well, tough shit. Some parents (such as myself) view raising children as the greatest thing they could do. Their children are more important to them than anything else. The government, the legal system nor some paid group babysitter had anything to do with raising my sons.

:cool:

Word. Agree completely.

Well seeing how this is a forum I do not know if you are a bad parent. Also I do not know if you are completely full of shit or only half full. I am happy that my parents allowed me to make my own choices in life. I enjoyed taking the things I had learned from them and making them my own. I did not however need them to hold my hand all the way through life and make choices for me. Some of my choices led me to a harder route but at least I had a chance to make that choice. My parents guided me with wisdom while I was making these choices but they did not stitch themselfs to me. I wouldnt trade my childhood for anything because it was MY childhood. I am a good man with good values who occasionally still likes to be what you would consider as the devil. We each have our own outlook on certain things and once again, to each his own.

Look how you turned out. That's all I'm saying.

Whoa! Whoa! The canuck is mine!
reminded me of...

Squirrel Master: Back up Nasty Nate, this my bitch!
Nasty Nate: Better watch your back Fish! Squirrel Master ain't gonna be there for you all the time. Next time I come for you, I'm gonna want some cocktail... FRUIT!
Kenny: Here take it!
[walks away with Squirrel Master]
Kenny: I'm somebody's bitch!