Literally vs. figuratively

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
We got a good laugh at this today:

Saturday one of my technicians called me after leaving a customer's home. He proceeded to tell me how dirty this house was, how it stunk like dog shit, and how before someone goes back to finish up the repair, we need to ask the customer to clean up all the "shit" around the area. He proceeded to go on and on about how dirty this place was, and he coulden't imagine how someone could live in such filth, etc etc.

Today: I ask my assistant to call her to schedule the repair, and I tell her that apparently there is dog shit all around the A/C unit, and that in order for us to go back, she (the customer of course) would need to clean up the area because it is not only unsafe but I would never knowingly send in a tech to a place that has DOG SHIT all over. They could slip in it, it's not sanitary, and so on.

She calls the customer, and tells her politly to "clear the dog droppings away from the area" before we come back. The customer says: "I don't have a dog. Why would someone not clean up dog droppings?" My assistant made a great save: "Opps, wrong customer. I have confused you with someone else." Anyhow she schedules the work and tells me this women doesnt have a dog.

I call the tech and tell him the story and he goes "oookkkkkaaayyy" like he has no idea what I'm talking about. The he tells me: "No, it SMELLS like shit in there, but the SHIT I was referring to was junk like rotting newspaper, chunks of metal (weird huh?) and misc. junk. NOT REAL SHIT.

Oh well, we sure laughed like hell. Evidently we didn't offend the customer because she scheduled the follow-up work.

CONTENT: Anyone ever take a figure of speech literally and fuck something up?

Back when I used to rollerblade professionally a buddy of mine told me to skate "balls out".

rubberbabybuggybumper.jpg

Fat Burger said:
I can't stand the people who don't know the difference in meaning between the two words. "It's literally like a million feet long!"

(Sorry Fuxx, I had to use your comment on our wedding night as an example.)

Well that answered my earlier question...

Sarcasmo said:
On a scale of 1 to 12, how many inches would you say Fat Burger's penis is?

Ummm Wait a sec...

POT calling Kettle WHERE ARE YOU????

edit - In reference to dog poop

edit 2 - I know my houses used to be really dirty

edit 3 - Stop picking on me about you cleaning my house

edit 4 - My new house is currently spotless including my room

edit 5 - Fuck you

elpmis said:
no you faggot, why don't u tell me?

Has anyone noticed that the thug with the dog in that one Dodge commercial doesn't say "Silly little fairy" anymore? I guess the Homo League of America complained a lot.

Sorry. Tangent.

Sarcasmo said:
Has anyone noticed that the thug with the dog in that one Dodge commercial doesn't say "Silly little fairy" anymore? I guess the Homo League of America complained a lot.

Sorry. Tangent.
ya i noticed that too