WTF List everyone's Spirit Animals!

I was just curious of the HR perspective.

our hiring is done by the people you'll actually be working for (e.g. me), not HR, but from my perspective, for initial selection im not even going to read your cover letter. When the choice is down to 3-5 people? Ill give em a read.

So in short, it might help you in later stages.

I was just curious of the HR perspective.

Obviously, she might be different, however, with my type of job, the cover letter IS for HR. They have the requirements, but don't know anything about them. So the cover letter lets them know if you meet their requirements and how. Then the hiring manager can go based off of your details in your resume.

Omg, guys. I wasn't looking for assistance, cuz I don't need it. I was curious of the honest, HR opinion. :lol:

I have always seen, "don't forget your cover letter" but I was just curious about someone's opinion, who works directly with such. Like, does she read them a lot? Resume check, first? Seems like so much drivel to have to go thru! :fly:

JEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

...a horse? o_O

I will go with a red panda for you

redpanda.jpg

I would so not mind this, either. I'm so nosy. :fly:

Do you read cover letters? What is your opinion on them? Was always curious about this one!
Pretty much what Domon said. Tbh tho, I've never used one personally. I really hate cover letters, loathe them actually. They make me scroooooollllll to get to the resume more and I only want to spend 10 seconds at most reading it. :mad:

But then I'm not the typical traditional hr manager. This is a horrible career choice for my personality. :lol:

But the drama is fascinating. Ohhh the stories I could tell.. Won't air work stuff on here; confidentiality/nondisclosure agreement and such. :hs: (catch me in person)
our hiring is done by the people you'll actually be working for (e.g. me), not HR, but from my perspective, for initial selection im not even going to read your cover letter. When the choice is down to 3-5 people? Ill give em a read.

So in short, it might help you in later stages.
It depends on the position too. Kinda expect them for director level and above.
you must be soooo intimidating during an interview.

j/k

i'd just purr and you'd scream YOU'RE HIRED!!!!
:lol:

If I see cat hair on the suit, he's hired!

Last edited:
I bet one of Apez questions is "what is your opinion of cats?" "How are you at multitasking when it comes to the care of several cats at one time?"

Pretty much what Domon said. Tbh tho, I've never used one personally. I really hate cover letters, loathe them actually. They make me scroooooollllll to get to the resume more and I only want to spend 10 seconds at most reading it. :mad:

But then I'm not the typical traditional hr manager. This is a horrible career choice for my personality. :lol:

But the drama is fascinating. Ohhh the stories I could tell.. Won't air work stuff on here; confidentiality/nondisclosure agreement and such. :hs: (catch me in person)

It depends on the position too. Kinda expect them for director level and above.

:lol:

If I see cat hair on the suit, he's hired!

teehee :fly:

When I used to interview for my department, my favourite interviewee was one who applied for the same job twice, roughly a year apart. When I asked why she wanted to leave her current position, both times she said that they put too much work onto her. I was looking for someone who wouldn't let me give them too much work as it happened.

That's why I'm nice enough to make my cover letter the email I send to the person doing the initial screening with the resume being attached.