Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
FUCK LINUX.

what a buncha fuckin bullshit.

I takes you a day and a half to get your hardware working. To find some answers you have to pour through page after page after page after page of other people trying to fix something similiar, but not quite the same.

FUCK LINUX.

Yeah, ubuntu installed easilly on an old imac. Went on just fine. Wait, you want to use a USB wireless adapter?
ahhahaahahhahahahaaa.gREPMymOtHeRfuckIngNuTSBITCh!

FUCK LINUX.

how about we get at least one more distro of Linux out there. That way it can be MORE free. And we will be super /<r4> 3|3373 because we are running sub-par software for our desktop machines. $#@#&C* % I&%C)V O No way that they all would get together and make one distro that worked well instead of a buncha distros that kinda work with a ton of different hacks. Hell, if all those bitches got together and just wrote drivers, it would be 150% better.

FUCK LINUX.

Linus Torvalds is a douche.

FUCK LINUX.

If you don't wanna pay for on OS and you are using Linux, download Auzureus for Linux (LINK) and install it. What? You're having problems installing and running it? Well, I'm sure you can found out how to get it going. After a you get it installed (a few hours later), go to bittorrent.com and do a search for WinXPPro. (While you are there, get a few apps.) Download the torrent and burn it to a disk. Leave the disk in and reboot. Well, after you figure out how to get your burner working under Linux. The most problems you will have is looking for your reg key. Wait. No you won't. .

FUCK LINUX.

If you are on a Mac, sell it on ebay and buy a pc. DO NOT INSTALL LINUX ON IT! THERE IS EVEN LESS SUPPORT FOR THE PPC!

FUCK LINUX

/rant

note: I actually own a legit copy of XP.

Valve1138 said:
Apple has a line of Mac servers yes. They're called xServe.

http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/

http://www.apple.com/xserve/

You can also run OS X Server on a less expensive Mac too. Like say a Mini or G5 tower, or even an old G4. The xServes can get a bit pricey, and not everyone really needs one. But $999 for unlimited clients :drool:

Wow... that's really not the bargain you made it out to be.

so_long_and_thanks_for_all_the_fish.jpg

Valve1138 said:
Plus I have no desire to learn it. :p

Ah... I think I've found the main thrust of your argument.

To each his own. I'm hardly a linux expert, but I've set up enough machines to know that once you've got things set up correctly it's pretty much hands off. I've had worse luck with windows... bouncing wonky print spoolers comes immediately to mind.

Linux is ok but I get tired of compiling everything. Lazy I know. All my Microsoft prducts are legit due to the licensing my work buys. Only the people in IT know about that though.

b_sinning said:
Linux is ok but I get tired of compiling everything. Lazy I know. All my Microsoft prducts are legit due to the licensing my work buys. Only the people in IT know about that though.

While you get better performance from by compiling your apps, I get the feeling most people just use the packaged installs for whatever distro they're working with. It's not as bad as you may think.

itburnswhenipee said:
While you get better performance from by compiling your apps, I get the feeling most people just use the packaged installs for whatever distro they're working with. It's not as bad as you may think.

Getting better performance by compiling is questionable. Most likely, you aren't going to change any of the default settings when you compile, so why not just use something someone else has already compiled? Also just as likely, many commercial apps are compiled using proprietary compilers that can give better performance than the free ones.

I agree that overall Linux is a better OS if you have the patience to work with it and it is a better idea. Open source is great. Most of my work applications are not made with Linux in mind and some are very tied to windows. And at home I just don't have the free time to tweak and tune a linux system. One day I will switch over too it but it will be after my work apps will work on it.

This is a new operating system I developed. It is compatible with any human hardware. I call it, ERage-OS. It's only about 5 bucks for a single user license, or 5 bucks for 6 concurrent users but you will need to relicense after it runs out. Go get you some:

ct_iwebcj-480118.JPG