Life without caffeine, day 10

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥2,507
Went to bed at 9PM last night, was yawning since noon.

Got up this morning after hitting the snooze seven times.

The Starbucks sign laughs at me, vindictive little trollop.

I remain in a vegetative state most of the day, I think I sprouted a root from my ankle.

I woke up this morning on the highway. Six times.

Yeah, I think I may need to go back on.

You know what?
Last night, after I quit jittering from that pot of coffee, and even after a sixpack of beers, I STILL wasnt able to sleep last night.
I may have fallen asleep finally around 2 am.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I was trying to get off of everything :(

(Except vitamin beer)

Oh :( Sounds like it's going to be tough going for a while man..... sorry to hear it. A few years ago I dropped coffee and it was hard for about 2 weeks. I just drink lots and lots of water now.

wow, i don't think i could give up my coffee and teas. i love them too much.

for those who are completely caffeine free, do you feel any different?

why_ask_why said:
I generally drink at least 64 ounces of coke m-f...I would be snoring into my keyboard without it
damn, that's a lot of coke - how many cups of coffee is that the equivalent to caffeine wise?

CletusJones said:

it's hard to say if I feel different because I've never really been dependant on caffeine.

sure, I get tired during the day, but not a lot

I keep an active lifestyle and get plenty of sleep, so I pretty much wake up every morning springing into action

elpmis said:
damn, that's a lot of coke - how many cups of coffee is that the equivalent to caffeine wise?

probably around 3-4 cups of coffee just randomly guessing...iirc, coffee has WAY more caffeine than coke

why_ask_why said:
probably around 3-4 cups of coffee just randomly guessing...iirc, coffee has WAY more caffeine than coke
i keep forgetting that coke has all that sugar though

CletusJones said:

Ya, my pee doesn't stink, my scalp doesn't itch from getting jacked up all the time, and I just generally feel better. Probably a rare case, but I really don't have a problem making it through the day unless I don't get enough sleep the night before.