Advice Life Pro Tip Thread

I tried to be Catholic once. Too much trouble if you ask me.

The chanting/repeating of the same stuff over and over makes me feel like they're trying to indoctrinate me or something.

Then again some of our greatest friends have been Catholic and my brother married a Catholic.

Upon talking to her about it it seems we have a lot in common and we're all walking towards the same place, maybe just taking a little different paths to get there that's all.

Catholic wedding gigs are always fun. They don't mind taking a snoot or three and they like to get loose and dance.

There isn't this southern Baptist thing where they're all pure as the wind driven snow on Sunday while they ignore each other at the liquor store on Saturday night.

The chanting/repeating of the same stuff over and over makes me feel like they're trying to indoctrinate me or something.

Then again some of our greatest friends have been Catholic and my brother married a Catholic.

Upon talking to her about it it seems we have a lot in common and we're all walking towards the same place, maybe just taking a little different paths to get there that's all.

Catholic wedding gigs are always fun. They don't mind taking a snoot or three and they like to get loose and dance.

There isn't this southern Baptist thing where they're all pure as the wind driven snow on Sunday while they ignore each other at the liquor store on Saturday night.
Episcopalians are about the same except that don't hate gays like the Catholic Church does. There's an Episcopalian church in my town I'd go to if I could trick myself into it.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I remember when we got a new pastor.
He came out to the farm to visit one time, and we all talked about stuff and him and my Dad had a beer at the table. Not a bunch of beer, a beer, maybe even two or maybe not I don't remember but that's not important.
Point is these men sat down and provided living examples of what's OK.
Fear of devil drink, not OK.
Worship or overindulgence of devil drink, not OK.
Use but not abuse, OK.

Needless to say I didn't always follow that example, but to this day it's still stuck in my head as something to aspire to. A measure of what's right.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie
He came out to the farm to visit one time, and we all talked about stuff and him and my Dad had a beer at the table. Not a bunch of beer, a beer, maybe even two or maybe not I don't remember but that's not important.
Use but not abuse, OK.

Needless to say I didn't always follow that example, but to this day it's still stuck in my head as something to aspire to. A measure of what's right.
Please worship responsibly.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie
Use but not abuse, OK.

Churches these days are all owned by corporations
They only require a steady revenue stream, they could give a fuck about your eternal soul