Life of a Holla Back Girl : Tales of misery and woe by DirkPhoenix

e-dubb said:
Um....I am living in the present and it is not a happy place. About 15 minutes ago I stubbed my little toe on my filing cabinet and the blood coming out from under my nail was running down my foot. Now it is wrapped in a wsshcloth with ice and held on by a rubber band. THE PRESENT SUCKS TOO!!!!!!!!

You live a very nice life tho goober, in a house with uber low rent for example. :p

fly said:
Dirklubsj00-DirkPhoenix.jpg
LilMSgofuckagoatDirkstyle-Super-D.jpg

:heart:

zengirl said:
**Left field***

Truth be told, I don't know any of you, I've never met ya, you've never met me. We've been posting together on various boards for years now, and we feel like we know each other. We share experiences and thoughts with each other that we just can't with our real world friends. How crazy to think strangers have a better insight into ourselves than our nearest and dearest?

It is in this sense we have developed bias for one another, where we defend our little cyber society against those analog outsiders. We try to see ourselves in each other, and push others to be the better people we can't. There's a lot of, "You just don't understand... I could never explain it to you... You don't know him/her like I do" when its us who don't seem to know ourselves as well as the bystanders. We don't fool anybody but ourselves, and we know it when we take those awful looks in the mirror in a stupor. We are kidding ourselves when we think we know better, we think we've got something on these folks. There is nothing so transparent as denial.

What am I talking about? What do I mean? I mean that personally I've discovered that I'm not half as damaged and broken as I have pretended to be. The only person I've ever convinced with this facade is myself. I am and have always been responsible for my own misery, and there isn't a damn thing anyone could have said to convince me of this fact until I saw it for myself. I wanted an excuse to be lazy, to sit in the comfort of my own misery, the familiar bite of disappointment, thinking existing was sufficient accomplishment to be considered a life. I had myself fooled for sure. Why do this? Because change is hard, the abyss of the unknown is terrifying. Hoping for better and for happiness when all you have ever allowed yourself to know is misery is unfathomable. Hoping for the sweet calm of happiness is like the quiet betrayal of every misery lived out, because deep down I know I was responsible for every misery I allowed myself to experience. Admission of that was not only the hardest realization, but also the most liberating.

When it comes down to it, happiness is much less complicated than misery. You don't have to think about it so much, just let it happen. In misery there is always contemplation, angling, maneuvering and cunning, and it's exhausting, sucking the very essence of us right out into the world. We become fodder for the emotional vampires we tie ourselves to, mostly just so we can have something to complain about. And externalization of the misery we feel inside which comes from our inability to just be quiet and just be happy.

Why do we do all of this? Because we don't know any better. We don't realize that there is a script to our lives, and we are the screenwriters. Of the different types of people in the world, the miserable ones are the ones who only see enough to write about the past, the unfulfilled dreamers only write the future, it is in the present and the interworkings and interactions of everyday that we find happiness. Tomorrow never comes, so why do we search there for happiness?

so... there.

*Game On*

You got serious on the internet. :lol::lol:
:fly:

DirkPhoenix said:
That's when she went to the zoo. There was a thread about it.

Damn...I can't remember where I parked, but I do remember an obscure thread. :tard:
:lol: :heart:

It's because I took that picture in front of the goats especially for you my dear ;)

DirkPhoenix said:
That's when she went to the zoo. There was a thread about it.

Damn...I can't remember where I parked, but I do remember an obscure thread. :tard:
Okay, I remember the thread now, but I still never saw that pic.

Fat Burger said:
You can move to Portland and sleep on my couch. It'll be like college, but with less chicks next door.
Excuse me? He can :confused:

Alright Dirk, you are more then welcome, but dont complain when we have noisy sex late into the night.

dear dirkfather,

I will kill her for you and eat her bones to make my bagel at anytime.. just ask.

Love,
Demented Guy

p.s. your socks smell like oil of olay and berries.

this post was written under the influence of the green fairrry.

Pandora said:
Dirk...Dirk...Dirk.....

If I had any respect for you I would have lost it in this thread. Seriously tho, wtf are you doing with her man?!?! Is this how you want the rest of your life to be???

Meh...I think we all put up with a lot of shit from our significant others. And If I just told you a few stoires and only about the bad stuff (I am a WoW widow) then someone woudl be telling me the same thing. I'm sure that all of us in relationships could take 5 stories or when we were the most pissed off at the other and everyone woudl be like...OMG you are crazy to put up with it. BUt then if we told 5 of the stories that made us fall for that person in the first place everyone would be saying the opposite. I don't know what the rest of Dirk's relationship is like but if it that horrible I figure he'd probably end it....or else she will get curious and sign on and see these threads and take care of it for him :fly:

Dirk, listen to the Wise Woman aka zengirl.While JJ Lady maybe somewhat of a WoW widow. I don't think that is as nearly as harmful to her mental health as the way Dirk is being treated by his physo bitch. I would say that her being a WoW widow is more of an indicator of the health of her marriage then the state of her mental health.

Findakáno said:
Dirk, listen to the Wise Woman aka zengirl.While JJ Lady maybe somewhat of a WoW widow. I don't think that is as nearly as harmful to her mental health as the way Dirk is being treated by his physo bitch. I would say that her being a WoW widow is more of an indicator of the health of her marriage then the state of her mental health.

My marriage is very healthy thank you very much....