Life of a Holla Back Girl : Tales of misery and woe by DirkPhoenix

JJ Lady said:
Meh...I think we all put up with a lot of shit from our significant others. And If I just told you a few stoires and only about the bad stuff (I am a WoW widow) then someone woudl be telling me the same thing. I'm sure that all of us in relationships could take 5 stories or when we were the most pissed off at the other and everyone woudl be like...OMG you are crazy to put up with it. BUt then if we told 5 of the stories that made us fall for that person in the first place everyone would be saying the opposite. I don't know what the rest of Dirk's relationship is like but if it that horrible I figure he'd probably end it....or else she will get curious and sign on and see these threads and take care of it for him :fly:
We all know plenty of people who get caught up in destructive relationships and stay there for years. Its like battered women syndrome. Live in shit long enough and it starts to feel warm and comforting.

I know I've been there. You stay out of comfort. As a rule, guys hate conflict and will do anything to avoid it. Prime exmaple (currently a bad one, but overall true), how many good friends has bast gotten in a fight with? It rarely happens. Guys don't fight cause we hate conflict.

fly said:
We all know plenty of people who get caught up in destructive relationships and stay there for years. Its like battered women syndrome. Live in shit long enough and it starts to feel warm and comforting.

I know I've been there. You stay out of comfort. As a rule, guys hate conflict and will do anything to avoid it. Prime exmaple (currently a bad one, but overall true), how many good friends has bast gotten in a fight with? It rarely happens. Guys don't fight cause we hate conflict.
True, I'm just saying that we don't anways know the whole story or everything that goes on.

BTW Eric never fights wth anyone. He always is very quick to forgive and give people more chances then they deserve. I know guys who are the exact opposite though too.

JJ Lady said:
True, I'm just saying that we don't anways know the whole story or everything that goes on.

BTW Eric never fights wth anyone. He always is very quick to forgive and give people more chances then they deserve. I know guys who are the exact opposite though too.
So do I. :fly:

However, I've found that most guy's avoid conflict at all costs.

fly said:
I'm referring to guys who have a relationship with someone, not some meathead at the bar.
Oh yes...I see. I guess its really more of an idea of those guys that we would surround ourselves with. The ones that are always fighting we won't usually correspond with.

JJ Lady said:
My marriage is very healthy thank you very much....

I never said it wasn't. I :heart: you both. My point was that anyone who has a significant other that obsesses with a video game says lot more about the health of the relationship of the two then the metal health of the one who is being ignored by the gamer.

Findakáno said:
I never said it wasn't. I :heart: you both. My point was that anyone who has a significant other that obsesses with a video game says lot more about the health of the relationship of the two then the metal health of the one who is being ignored by the gamer.
Wow that was confusing

fly said:
Wow that was confusing
My point being is that being a MMORPG widow isn't as nearly damaging to ones mental health as being in an abusive relationship. To me being a MMORPG widow is more of an indication of health of a marriage then it is of the mental health of either party in the marriage.