Let's talk travelling

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,361
So I've never been anywhere interesting really, but let's hear some reviews of exotic places you've visited and whether you'd recommend them. These are the countries I've visited:

France - Wouldn't recommend, due to population of French people.
Spain - Great place to visit, friendly people, nice weather, cheap and just nice and relaxing.
Germany - Can have extreme weathers but the people are cool if slightly perverted.
Morocco - Would never go back, everyone seems to either want to sexually assault or rob you. Nice weather though.
Ireland - Crap weather but great people, so I'd love to go back.
Italy - Beautiful country with beautiful architecture, shame about the inhabitants though. Would go back with a nuclear hollocaust wiped out the population.

I'm not sure if I'd like to go to many other places really, I do like England and there's huge downsides to most places that I think about.

Could you recommend some nice destinations?

Tibet. Singapore. China.

To be honest, I could give two shits about seeing Europe (no offense Europeans). I find Asian history and architecture much more interesting.

I've hit so many great places either on holiday or with work. Alot of the cooler places I've been and enjoyed aren't really that safe anymore. UAE, Bahrain, and Turkey were all kick ass places to go. When I went to Chile this summer I had a ton of fun. I've found alot of places in South America are fun just getting a bit dangerous.

France - Wouldn't recommend, due to population of French people.

I would recommend France wholeheartedly.

I've been to a lot of places, I'll list them all later. Suffice to say I'm Peru-bound in Summer and Cyprus-bound in September. Those are the majors. I'm going to Paris in two weeks and hopefully a few other European places in the mean time.

Tibet. Singapore. China.

To be honest, I could give two shits about seeing Europe (no offense Europeans). I find Asian history and architecture much more interesting.

Well, that hurts.

That fucking hurts.

I would recommend France wholeheartedly.

I've been to a lot of places, I'll list them all later. Suffice to say I'm Peru-bound in Summer and Cyprus-bound in September. Those are the majors. I'm going to Paris in two weeks and hopefully a few other European places in the mean time.

I had a kickass time in Cyprus. The only issue I had was I came into Cyprus from Turkey so I couldn't see half the island unless I left and came in from a different location.

I was talking history and architecture, of which you and I could make our own. I'd still visit Ireland. :drool:

Europe is one of those places I really got bored of first time around. Now that I'm old enough to appreciate it, I absolutely adore how little it costs to go there.

Architecture is entertaining for a day or so, but you want to spend the entire vacation lashed out of your mind, waking up each morning with a throat like a pub floor. This is achieveable in Europe, and it's easy-peasy.

Yes, come to Ireland. I have a couch fit for an Administrator and his good bride.

I had a kickass time in Cyprus. The only issue I had was I came into Cyprus from Turkey so I couldn't see half the island unless I left and came in from a different location.

Yup, that's one problem. The other is they don't take too well to anyone from Ireland or UK direction [western euros], since they all go there to party every summer. I'm not going to party, but as part of a scuba dive. Not sure how they'll find me though.

Ive been to:

Italy, Rome and down to Sorrento and back up. Lots of culture, and the Amalfi coast was wicked.

Jamaica twice, Negril and Ocho Rios, it was nice, cheap smokes ;)

Dominican Republic, was nice, but not great.

Cuba, most gorgeous beaches I've ever seen, awesome cigars, food was meh.

Mexico, been to Cancun and Puerto Vallarta, going back to Cancun in January.

I need a week away from winter every year to keep me sane. I want to get to France and Spain sometime soon.

I've never really been anywhere exotic but I would recommend Denmark - absolutely beautiful country and great food, and St Petersburg - just an amazing place to visit, amazing art and architecture and history in that city.

France, Spain, Portugal, Jamaica, Mexico, and Canada...does Canada even count? :fly:
Spain is my favorite so far

I'd like to...
-Go up the East Coast again
-Check out the Rockies and the West Coast from Cali wine country on up. (SoCal can fall into the sea)
-Europe, all of it, as I was robbed of a chance to study abroad in college
-The Caribbean again, especially the Eastern islands
-New Zealand and Australia as they both seem cool
-Japan, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Perhaps China, but that seems a little dicey.
-Finally, I'd love to go to Iran. Not under the current government, of course, but maybe if things change in the future. Every picture I've seen of the place is fascinating.

Everywhere else in the world, I've been and don't care for or have no interest in.