Lets talk Stocks

ceiling fly said:
Depends on yourr definition of "high". I would consider putting all your money in one company and/or penny stocks to be high risk. Funds, to me, would go into the medium risk catagory. And obviously bonds rounds out the bottom...

True, I define risk based on the guarantee of a return. IE. Savings account = no risk. Stocks can tank the day you buy them.

Coqui said:
True, I define risk based on the guarantee of a return. IE. Savings account = no risk. Stocks can tank the day you buy them.
There's always risk, even in a savings account. It's menial but still there; bank could go under and FDIC doesn't guarantee you'll get your money. The only truly no-risk investment - or close to it - would be something like a US savings bond 'cause if you can't cash one of those in, you've got much bigger things to worry about. Like finding more ammo to shoot zombies.

Last edited:
I've got a roth ira in calamos growth class A

check this out, 10 years, $10,000 investment

growth_graph1Q06.gif

ceiling fly said:
I don't pay much attention, but didn't the Dow flirt with like a ~5 year high recently?
I wasn't talking about highs and lows, I was talking about unpredictability - May-June has been crazy-go-nuts

[ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] and [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] to the [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT] [ADMIN EDIT], [ADMIN EDIT].

buy and sell ELN stock all day long! its a drug company that has a M.S. cure that was pulled last year and it has fluctuated up/down in dollars on some days!! Go look at the history

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=eln

My boss follows this guy

http://www.buysellshort.com/

He has an IRC room that he is in pretty much 24/7 and suggests the stock of the days...if you stay on top of what he says and do what he says when he says, your money will EXPLODE!!! If you miss the time to sell it can and will hurt you!

Its kinda pricey to get going, but i've seen John get some $1500 profit win on a $6000 investment in 20 minutes following this guy...then i've seen him loose $18,000 in a day because he was pulled away from his desk at a VERY VERY in opportune time. :(

ceiling fly said:
I can't really believe that the guy pulls winners all the time, unless he's pumping and dumping...

Yes its day trading. Nothing gets held for more than a day! Which is why you HAVE to concentrate your time on it. Otherwise you miss the window of opportunity.

didnt you just start a thread about refinancing your debt with a home equity loan? what is the interest rate and term?