let's talk DST

that may be so, but they have better beer, and they observe DST. I'm not sure if they're on it now though.

Did Canada make the same change as the US did? If yes, did Atlantic and NFLD time make the same changes?
Yeah. I was talking to a friend of mine on Sat night when all the clocks changed.

Yeah. I was talking to a friend of mine on Sat night when all the clocks changed.
so they actually changed time a day earlier than the US then. Nice. I always loved how they do it on saturday night at 2am so the bars get to stay open an hour later on a busy night (well, in the fall that is). Damn USA changing the time on shitty nights like Sunday.

so they actually changed time a day earlier than the US then. Nice. I always loved how they do it on saturday night at 2am so the bars get to stay open an hour later on a busy night (well, in the fall that is). Damn USA changing the time on shitty nights like Sunday.

Dude... It changed Sat night here too... By Sat night I mean after dark on saturday before sunrise on sunday :p

Dude... It changed Sat night here too... By Sat night I mean after dark on saturday before sunrise on sunday :p
really? i thought it changed sunday night i.e. monday morning here. my mobile didn't change until then.

edit: or maybe it did and I didn't notice because I didn't do jack all on Sunday. Glad I didn't try going sailing. It would have been embarrassing to show up an hour late.

Last edited:
really? i thought it changed sunday night i.e. monday morning here. my mobile didn't change until then.

edit: or maybe it did and I didn't notice because I didn't do jack all on Sunday. Glad I didn't try going sailing. It would have been embarrassing to show up an hour late.

2am Sunday morning, sweekcheeks.

Really, cause I was out fri night and I woke up across town at 3pm sat, then I couldnt sleep that night so I was up all night and I finally got to bed at 4am today...

It's all a blur but I couldnt sleep because they changed, i.e. going to bed at 7am is pointless.

I propose that the clock should be set back by an hour each day. That'd let me stay up late without suffering the consequences in the morning. I think we can all get on board with a 25 hour day. Plus, it'll allow everyone a chance to enjoy sunshine and darkness during their off time depending on how much the clock is rotated from daylight.

I propose that the clock should be set back by an hour each day. That'd let me stay up late without suffering the consequences in the morning. I think we can all get on board with a 25 hour day. Plus, it'll allow everyone a chance to enjoy sunshine and darkness during their off time depending on how much the clock is rotated from daylight.

Or you could add 15 days to the year!

It blows chunks.

I find myself stumbling down the hall to my office at 9 instead of 8 just to get email.

Then, after a tumbler of Starbucks, I am awake by 10 AM.

The whole thing makes me feel slothful.

I don't know from any mythical energy savings... all I know is that it's 7:30 am and I'm at work watching the sun rise.

It could be worse, I guess. If I was still exiled to Cincinnati the sun wouldn't come up till damn near 8:30. I imagine you Atlanta folks won't see sun till around 8:00 or so.

I don't know from any mythical energy savings... all I know is that it's 7:30 am and I'm at work watching the sun rise.

It could be worse, I guess. If I was still exiled to Cincinnati the sun wouldn't come up till damn near 8:30. I imagine you Atlanta folks won't see sun till around 8:00 or so.

this is correct, sir. and it's great. and the sun doesn't go down till 8 and it's great. i love dst. :D

Sun was up at 6:30 when I left today (I'm in AL). Wasn't alllll the way up, but enough I didn't need the use of headlights. I like that.

There is just something depressing about getting up when it's dark, leaving when it's dark, and getting off work when it's dark.

Sun was up at 6:30 when I left today (I'm in AL). Wasn't alllll the way up, but enough I didn't need the use of headlights. I like that.

There is just something depressing about getting up when it's dark, leaving when it's dark, and getting off work when it's dark.

I am used to it by now. What I don't like is the development center in Sweden. They are allowed to get up and leave just like that and they can claim, "Stress leave" because of the "depression from seasonal conditions". Bollocks.

NH winters were like that for me, I never saw my house in daylight during the work week.

Anyone else having a problem changing the time on there computer??? lol

Mine switches back an hour every hour now, its really annoying and probably just a little setting ive overlooked

The problem is probably that your clock synchronizes with a time server every hour. Make sure you have your time zone set correctly. You may need to download a patch to fix the time zone rules.

The problem is probably that your clock synchronizes with a time server every hour. Make sure you have your time zone set correctly. You may need to download a patch to fix the time zone rules.

Hmmmmm, we have a huge server in the office but because of reasons I'd rather not go into, no IT staff :fly: