lets talk about my relationship

J

jaxxor

so, I have this girlfriend that I've been seeing for almost 6 months, a new record for me! She's 31, I'm 24 if that means anything. We love each other dearly, but we seem to fight alot. She does things that aggravate the piss out of me, and I pick a fight over it, and we just end up hurting each other's feelings. We can both be pretty vicous, so it gets rough at times.

Anyways, I love her to death, but I'm not sure how long term this can be. Give me some opinions and thoughts! :o

Inbox contains 0 messages.
You have 0 messages stored, of a total 250 allowed.

:wtc:

maybe you are both just passionate people. what do you think? does it bother you that you fight alot?

This will not end well. I'd find a way to end it while you can still be friends. Otherwise, it will progress to the point of a legendary blow out and you'll end up hating each other forever.

theacoustician said:
This will not end well. I'd find a way to end it while you can still be friends. Otherwise, it will progress to the point of a legendary blow out and you'll end up hating each other forever.

Yup, you're right. Best to cut the losses now and move on.

theacoustician said:

that's going to be rough...but I can certainly see the point. being all in love and stuff doesn't help much :o

yeah, it bothers me that we fight alot. seems like I'm the one doing all the compromising and paying for things that other guys have done, cheating and so forth.

I agree with all of the previous posts, relationships should not be constant fighting and bickering.

when we're cool then we have a very loving relationship, but we're both pretty passionate. I've passed up several easy opportunities to break it off amicably because I want to stay with her.

Part of the problem is the ren fair. She reads palms out there and we rarely get to spend any quality time lately. Am I being selfish?

jaxxor said:
when we're cool then we have a very loving relationship, but we're both pretty passionate. I've passed up several easy opportunities to break it off amicably because I want to stay with her.

Part of the problem is the ren fair. She reads palms out there and we rarely get to spend any quality time lately. Am I being selfish?

No you're not being selfish- you just need to find a new gal. Seriously. You're on a path to destruction in that relationship dude. I'm not saying it to be mean, and I'm pretty sure no one else is either, you just need to break it off and stay friends. It'll be for the better.

jaxxor said:
so, I have this girlfriend that I've been seeing for almost 6 months, a new record for me! She's 31, I'm 24 if that means anything. We love each other dearly, but we seem to fight alot. She does things that aggravate the piss out of me, and I pick a fight over it, and we just end up hurting each other's feelings. We can both be pretty vicous, so it gets rough at times.

Anyways, I love her to death, but I'm not sure how long term this can be. Give me some opinions and thoughts! :o

Well you are 6 months in, so your past the honeymoon phase when you're both on your best behavior and you're being your 'true selves'. If she aggravates you that much now, you'll be in big trouble later. There's always some inital bumps when you're getting used to eachothers 'quarks' but it shouldn't be causing battles. It doesn't sound like you two mesh well.

BigDov said:
No you're not being selfish- you just need to find a new gal. Seriously. You're on a path to destruction in that relationship dude. I'm not saying it to be mean, and I'm pretty sure no one else is either, you just need to break it off and stay friends. It'll be for the better.

I do appreciate all the responses, y'all have been cool :o

on a lighter note, I think if I do I'll tell her; "sorry honey, it's just that people on the internets said I should ditch you" :lol:

damn. I really hate to start all over though.

jaxxor said:

Youre dating a chick that works ren fairs. That right there is enough reason to run the other way.

Pandora said:
Well you are 6 months in, so your past the honeymoon phase when you're both on your best behavior and you're being your 'true selves'. If she aggravates you that much now, you'll be in big trouble later. There's always some inital bumps when you're getting used to eachothers 'quarks' but it shouldn't be causing battles. It doesn't sound like you two mesh well.

'quarks' ?? Not 'quirks' ?? :wtf:

:D

theacoustician said:
Youre dating a chick that works ren fairs. That right there is enough reason to run the other way.

I really should have in all honesty. But she made fun of the rennies I worked with so I thought she was cool. Turns out a rennie is a rennie is a rennie.