let's talk about freezing

Cook's Illustrated recommends Glad Freezer Zipper bags out of all freezer bags (but theac's recommendation is better...)

I freaking love America's Test Kitchen, so that's hard to argue with. Did they test the Reynolds bags or any vac bags?

I freaking love America's Test Kitchen, so that's hard to argue with. Did they test the Reynolds bags or any vac bags?

No, the review is from September 2005. No reviews on vac bags yet. They do have food storage containers though (Tupperware Rock N Serve) and plastic wrap (Stretch-Tite)

chim and I put bread, meats, cheeses, butter, veggies, popsicles, vodka, jagermeister, ice cream, and sometimes batters if I made too much of something. Just make sure everything is air tight and you are good to go.

I hear carbonite works pretty good to freeze things.

han-solo-frozen-in-carbonite.jpg

I only have frzoen peas/quorn in my freezer. I only have a small fridge with a tiny frozen compartment, but I think it's a good thing because otherwise I might be tempted to buy ready meals instead of cook myself.

Does anyone freeze bread? My gran does and I can't imagine eating bread that's been frozen for months.

Grandpa stockpiles things. As such, freezers get added every few years. There is the normal freezer that comes with the frig in the kitchen, the freezer with the frig in the basement, the freezer unit that is as large as a normal frig in the basement, the chest freezer in the garage, the freezer with frig in the greenhouse and then there are freezers in West Virginia.

They freeze fruits from the garden, butter, bread, vegetables, meat and cheese.

Grandpa stockpiles things. As such, freezers get added every few years. There is the normal freezer that comes with the frig in the kitchen, the freezer with the frig in the basement, the freezer unit that is as large as a normal frig in the basement, the chest freezer in the garage, the freezer with frig in the greenhouse and then there are freezers in West Virginia.

They freeze fruits from the garden, butter, bread, vegetables, meat and cheese.

Party at mikey's house when the zombie hordes attack!

Oddly enough, he keeps everything rotating so things don't go bad.

When zombies attack, when it's end of world time, I'll be in West Virginia.

I think backwoods hick zombies would be worse than the regular zombie. Plus you'd have a hard time telling the zombies from the humans. But you may survive a gumming from a hick zombie.