let's talk about freezing

I always buy extra portions of things just incase zombie's attack and we have to barricade and live for well over a month on household food. I also keep buying bottles of soy sauce thinking I've run out, now I have 5 bottles on my shelf all unopened.

Can never have enough soy sauce. Of course I crave salt but that is beside the point.

anything solid that contains a fair deal of moisture in it doesn't keep well under most conditions, because ice has a nasty habit of stabbing everything in sight (like with strawberries, for instance). if you can find a way to keep the moisture level to a minimum either in the method of freezing or in the method of storage, the better off you are and the more possibilities for freeing you have.

also, chest freezer ftw if you're planning on freezing in bulk.

i freeze strawberries to put in my protein shakes.. cold and fruity, 2 birds with one stone.

i freeze strawberries to put in my protein shakes.. cold and fruity, 2 birds with one stone.

Shalimar is right. Frozen fruit is awesome for smoothies. It's also reusable for jam and baking, just don't expect it to come back out the same way it went in.