Let's see if anyone else knows the answer to this

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I've got one of HP's scanner-printer-copier-fax machines (the PSC 2210 to be specific). I was going to download the drivers and install it to my laptop, but found the "driver package" is 166Mb and full of bloat. Anyone have any idea how to install just the drivers and not any of HP's crapware?

Seems kinda odd that they don't give you the option to install only what you want when you open the driver package..... last time I grabbed some of their drivers it let me pick and choose, mainly because I didn't care for all of the photo-sharing, this-that-and-the-other crap that was with it. You're saying it's NOT that way?

BigDov said:
Seems kinda odd that they don't give you the option to install only what you want when you open the driver package..... last time I grabbed some of their drivers it let me pick and choose, mainly because I didn't care for all of the photo-sharing, this-that-and-the-other crap that was with it. You're saying it's NOT that way?
Correct. I have to install all or nothing. Hell, I don't understand why I have to DL 166MB for a couple of drivers that can't be more than a meg.

Christ...just looking through their ftp....and good luck with that...seems they don't release single-OS drivers for printers.

I don't think one exists.
I guess you don't have the original cd so you could download just an update. :/

You wont have to install all that stuff if you just want to use the printer. But you'll need it for the scanner/fax crap. I just installed the same stuff on a friend's PC last week.

if you downloaded the drivers, you can look through the unpacked files and locate the drivers within it.

I'll download it and see what I can do.

edit: holy driver bullshit, batman.

use winzip to open the CAB files (MM1.Cab) in c:\temp\HP All-in-One Series Web Release\Setup\

you'll have to rename them all to the correct stuff, but that's the hard way.

if you use windows networking and install the printer through that, the print server (desktop) should "give" you the drivers. just share the printer and see if it works.

Last edited:
huh, I thought for sure they released the separate drivers. I installed a much smaller package then that for my PSC1210. But I like the bloat, it makes me hot.

SpangeMonkee said:
if you downloaded the drivers, you can look through the unpacked files and locate the drivers within it.

I'll download it and see what I can do.

edit: holy driver bullshit, batman.

use winzip to open the CAB files (MM1.Cab) in c:\temp\HP All-in-One Series Web Release\Setup\

you'll have to rename them all to the correct stuff, but that's the hard way.

if you use windows networking and install the printer through that, the print server (desktop) should "give" you the drivers. just share the printer and see if it works.
Hmm, thanks for the tip. I'll try that later. I just need to figure out how to configure this thing cause I was hoping to find a way to rig up a wireless print server appliance to it without having to have a whole dedicated computer to it.