Let's Play Doctor

my knees ache often.. esp on long car trips. any truth to the idea that .. what's it called? um.. the joint supp. working?
torn meniscus (sp?) with arthroscopic repair.
torn acl.. big surgery on that knee.
they may just be sore for the rest of my life.. but this really sux sometimes.

man, i've had acl surgery on both knees...so much fun to be able to predict when it's going to rain, right? :hs:
you're tall and you've had at least scopes on both knees. you're screwed for the rest of your life..the only thing to do is to be aware and try preventative measures. you can try taking glucosamine and chondroitin...works for some, doesn't for others.

oops: ontopic. hmm. i have a pain in my right foot, outer side. it's been x-rayed and nothing was found, although back in college, i want to say that someone said something about a bunionette. should they be able to find a bunionette, and is there anything i can do save take meds? no meds.

Last edited:
Thorn - It's not to do with the way you walk is it? Some people walk on the outside of their feet, I imagine that could be painful.

I have genetically weak knees, my gramps had bad knees, my mum does and so do I. The cartillage kinda just disintegrates very quickly, but it seems to have sped up because mine really hurt and I'm only 19.

Thorn - It's not to do with the way you walk is it? Some people walk on the outside of their feet, I imagine that could be painful.

I have genetically weak knees, my gramps had bad knees, my mum does and so do I. The cartillage kinda just disintegrates very quickly, but it seems to have sped up because mine really hurt and I'm only 19.

have you tried glucosamine and chondroitin? it MIGHT work for you...and last time i checked (a long while back), it wasn't too expensive to try.

uh, it might very well be! i've never really paid attention...though i am pigeon-toed, i've had the two acl surgeries, and bunions run in my family, though i don't have any yet. it's more like if you were to move down about two inches from the top of my right pinky toe and squeeze, i would have to kill you. nothing is showing up on the x-ray i had about a year ago, and the bunionette diagnosis was from a dozen years ago. i don't think it has anything to do with weight either, because i've been normal and fat, and it's not all the time that it hurts. :iono: it could be what i wear, i guess...i'll have to pay attention to that.

have you tried glucosamine and chondroitin? it MIGHT work for you...and last time i checked (a long while back), it wasn't too expensive to try.

uh, it might very well be! i've never really paid attention...though i am pigeon-toed, i've had the two acl surgeries, and bunions run in my family, though i don't have any yet. it's more like if you were to move down about two inches from the top of my right pinky toe and squeeze, i would have to kill you. nothing is showing up on the x-ray i had about a year ago, and the bunionette diagnosis was from a dozen years ago. i don't think it has anything to do with weight either, because i've been normal and fat, and it's not all the time that it hurts. :iono: it could be what i wear, i guess...i'll have to pay attention to that.

Ooh thanks for the advice, I might well try that. :)

Well I'm sure most people with MB ChB postnominally should perhaps have a bit of compassion and have to have seen more than 4 or 5 cases of back pain. Jerk.

Generally "back pain" is incredibly hard to specify and diagnose, thus it's a great excuse for a nice sick note.

What's when rational kicks in over "compassion". You're trying to treat the person, not be their friend. Especially when they're taking time away from patients who have to be seen to and treated.

Generally "back pain" is incredibly hard to specify and diagnose, thus it's a great excuse for a nice sick note.

What's when rational kicks in over "compassion". You're trying to treat the person, not be their friend. Especially when they're taking time away from patients who have to be seen to and treated.

Just because you can't diagnose a specific cause doesn't mean it's not there. I just scoff at the fact you said you've seen 4 or 5 cases of back pain. I think maybe you should choose a speciality that keeps you away from contact with people, seeing as you have such a dim and cynical view of them.

Agreed while My father and I have suffered real back problems. A fuck:tard: in law relative has used "back" problems for getting out of work for 20+ years until SS kicked in. :rolleyes:

Just because you can't diagnose a specific cause doesn't mean it's not there. I just scoff at the fact you said you've seen 4 or 5 cases of back pain. I think maybe you should choose a speciality that keeps you away from contact with people, seeing as you have such a dim and cynical view of them.

I have a cynical view of wasting a practitioners time.

Agreed while My father and I have suffered real back problems. A fuck:tard: in law relative has used "back" problems for getting out of work for 20+ years until SS kicked in. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

There is real need for back treatment. People who are in a lot of pain and needing to be treated still have to wait in a queue behind people who see it as a nice cash-cow.

Back pain is easily forged, this takes time away from honest sufferers.