Let's Play Doctor

tell me all about diabetes

diabetus.jpg

type 1.5, not the obesity linked one but not completely autoimmune disease... just really high blood sugar on a skinny guy.

type one is caused solely by the immune system attacking pancreatic islet cells, either from a virus' antigen crossreactivity or from the escape of self-Ag recognizing t cells from the thymus. type II is caused by an abundance of leptin on the surface of macrophages which cause a chronic inflammation and hinder glucose processing. there isn't a real "1.5"

i don't think it's a direct joint issue, especially with the surgeries you've already had. with major surgery on ligaments you always run the risk of getting some sort of chronic tendonitis. it results from being unable to use your joint to the full range of motion for a long stretch of time, and then going like hell on it, either in rehab or when you're given the green light. have you tried anything like anti-inflammatories to see if that helps? is there any outward sign of puffiness or redness? the only thing i could suggest for the car trips would be to stretch before you get in the car, during the trip, and icing it afterwards. same goes for whenever else it flares up.

:heart:

type one is caused solely by the immune system attacking pancreatic islet cells, either from a virus' antigen crossreactivity or from the escape of self-Ag recognizing t cells from the thymus. type II is caused by an abundance of leptin on the surface of macrophages which cause a chronic inflammation and hinder glucose processing. there isn't a real "1.5"

you need a comskills class. :p

no matter how smart it makes you look infront of a patient, that's absolutely no help.

I have back problems. I told one of the doctors I work with that I reckon I have scoliosis and he called me a hypochondriac. My mum has a really curved spine (inwards in the lumbar region) as do I and if I lie straight and try to get back up again (i.e doing a sit-up) then the base of my spine feels out of line and is quite painful.

my pleural effusion seems to have returned. they've already ruled out cancer and pneumonia. i don['t seem to have any other symptoms. what's causing it?

everyone has -back problems-

i've saw about 4 or 5 'back problems' in my life that have been of note.

nation of fucking whiners.