WTF Let's Do The Time Warp Agaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!

I don't have to be a fucking parent. I was a kid and the threat of getting paddled worked for me. If I had gotten paddled, I would have deserved it and a couple days later, I wouldn't have even remembered it.

this.

I've got no problem with corporal punishment, except it should only be vetted out by the parents. Young children are empty vessels, just like Young pets. negative reinforcement is a powerful learning tool.

In order to get fly and april to relate to conversations about children you have to insert the words "cat", "snookum wookums", "pet", or "pets" in place of "kid", "kids", "child" or "children". In other words imagine a pet daycare where they beat your cats for misbehaving.

In order to get fly and april to relate to conversations about children you have to insert the words "cat", "snookum wookums", "pet", or "pets" in place of "kid", "kids", "child" or "children". In other words imagine a pet daycare where they beat your cats for misbehaving.

Our cats are complete angels.

I'm only discussion the principle of it. Any type of corporal punishment carried out on a child should be done by his/her parents. Emmett's school report his behavior to us every day, and we decide based on what he has done what his punishment will be.

So then you are going to attend school and watch over your kid every second to make sure he/she is following the school's rules as well as your own? Good luck with that.

So then you are going to attend school and watch over your kid every second to make sure he/she is following the school's rules as well as your own? Good luck with that.

huh? :wtf:

Why do you always come up with stupid shit like this against me? Of course I'm not going to do that.. My son's school and I already have a good system in place that is working.. If you actually read this thread, you would know this..

why not just fine the parents $100. I'' bet the parents would be more apt to instill some discipline in their kids if that was the case, plus the schools could probably use the money. Granted, there is the possibility that the schools would abuse it, but they could also abuse to corporal punishment as well.

This is a brilliant solution. It would certainly help those ailing schools that can't pass levies

huh? :wtf:

Why do you always come up with stupid shit like this against me? Of course I'm not going to do that.. My son's school and I already have a good system in place that is working.. If you actually read this thread, you would know this..

I am meerly mixing Ape's sound advice that enforcement (negative or positive) needs to be clear and quick to be useful. The fear of being paddled works the same as actually getting paddled because it is quick (the threat happening right after the inappropriate action) and clear. Also what has to work is consistency. If dad doesn't deliver when he gets home, then the threat is just words and powerless.

So for the schools to successfully deliver this type of negative enforcement and to be effective, it has to be quick and clear and consistent. If a child is causing issues, the school can say "Wait until your dad comes to get you or wait until tonight for your punishment" but if the parent decides not to, there was not punishment done. The child will just do the action again.

If, however, the school as the power to perform enforcement of a behavior straight away (either with direct paddling or with a threat of paddling that has 100% consequences) then it would be effective indeed.

What would work would be a hybrid. If the school would threaten a paddling but hold off until the parents would come to pick the children up at school. Then the school can with witness the punishment or perform it under the direction and supervision of the parent.

My mother works with the school system and she notes that parents are not that interested in what the children are doing in school. There is very little feedback from teacher to parent and there is very little visibility. The teacher doesn't have time to call each and every parent in all of their classes about the actions of all of their students to all of those parents every day. And the parents aren't calling the school daily to ask how their kids are doing. Quite the opposite, I have seen parents be put off having to sign progress report forms for their kids because they just don't care to get that involved and trust the school is teaching students accurately.

And what of those situations where there are no parents? How would punishments be implemented then?