WTF Let's Do The Time Warp Agaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!

You don't think the "wait till your dad gets home" routine works? It gives a child hours to think and worry about what kind of hell is going to be unleashed, like sitting on death row waiting to be executed. There's a lot of power in fear.

Exactly. Although for us we knew it was my dad was going to "warm us up" with the belt for my mom to take her turn.

You don't think the "wait till your dad gets home" routine works? It gives a child hours to think and worry about what kind of hell is going to be unleashed, like sitting on death row waiting to be executed. There's a lot of power in fear.

I guess... when parents actually are disciplinarians.

First, its just a paddle, who fucking cares? You never got any of those as kid that you thought you didn't deserve? waaaaaa And second, some of my best friends are teachers, they have enough disciplinary problems to deal with without making stuff up about a kid. Your fucking snot dripper deserves it when it happens.

First, its just a paddle, who f*cking cares? You never got any of those as kid that you thought you didn't deserve? waaaaaa And second, some of my best friends are teachers, they have enough disciplinary problems to deal with without making stuff up about a kid. Your f*cking snot dripper deserves it when it happens.

:lol: snot dripper

First, its just a paddle, who fucking cares? You never got any of those as kid that you thought you didn't deserve? waaaaaa And second, some of my best friends are teachers, they have enough disciplinary problems to deal with without making stuff up about a kid. Your fucking snot dripper deserves it when it happens.

Yep, typical rubbish from a non-parent..

by 'objective' you mean agree with you

no.. Look at eileen. she could see things on both sides, so I respect her opinion, event he parts I don't agree with..

Now when non-parents post shit like what fly posted like it's a sure thing, you have to just laugh.. How on earth can they be so sure?

no.. Look at eileen. she could see things on both sides, so I respect her opinion, event he parts I don't agree with..

Now when non-parents post shit like what fly posted like it's a sure thing, you have to just laugh.. How on earth can they be so sure?

I've saw a massive problem with discipline among the youth while I was at school, and afterward at univ and interacting with the public on a daily basis. I don't think hitting them will change anything, but certainly the punishments need to be a hell of a lot more severe than they are.

In the UK kids are generally handed ASBO's (Anti Social Behavioural Orders) in lieu of actual prison time. It will take 3 or 4 ASBO's to have them sent to prison for a nominal length of time. Those 4 ASBO's could be robbery, GBH, drink driving etc. And then they wonder why we have a problem with feral kids on the streets? This is no daily mail-esque overreaction either. It's pretty much exploded in the past 10 years. I'm 22 and even for me it's incredibly fucking visible. - People complain about a massive cleft between good schools here, and bad schools. Had I gone to a bad school, I'd probably have turned out very different. That's not to say a good child won't do well in any school, but that the environment makes it a lot harder, as well as what is taught, offered and so on.

If the parents are allowing their kids to be disciplined physically in school, I don't think there is any problem. That is their choice after all. And even if it is at the behast of a teacher/head teacher etc. you can be certain they're not dolling them out in spades. It's AMERICA for fuck sake, looking at someone cockeyed in Texas would probably result in a lawsuit.

Last edited:
Yeah there is a disciplinary problem with some kids. Why on earth would you trust a stragner to sort out your child? You are responsible for doing that, not the schools. So if you kids are bad, then maybe you need to be punished, but then some kids are disciplined at home and still act out. Some kids are good at home, then bad at school. Some kids get in trouble for shit they didn't do. Too many variables for one single solution.

Not to mention, Who is doing the paddling? How hard are they hitting? How many times is enough? Did the punishment fit the crime? All of this is out of your control, and I sure as shit don't trust anyone except me, my wife, and my parents to discipline my child. Simply because I know how they do it.

Yeah there is a disciplinary problem with some kids. Why on earth would you trust a stragner to sort out your child? You are responsible for doing that, not the schools. So if you kids are bad, then maybe you need to be punished, but then some kids are disciplined at home and still act out. Some kids are good at home, then bad at school. Some kids get in trouble for shit they didn't do. Too many variables for one single solution.

Not to mention, Who is doing the paddling? How hard are they hitting? How many times is enough? Did the punishment fit the crime? All of this is out of your control, and I sure as shit don't trust anyone except me, my wife, and my parents to discipline my child. Simply because I know how they do it.

What about parents who allow discipline to be given to their kids in return for a better education?

for example, a very high-end private school with fantastic exam results who require this to be part of the entrance to the school?

What about parents who allow discipline to be given to their kids in return for a better education?

for example, a very high-end private school with fantastic exam results who require this to be part of the entrance to the school?

If the parents choose to allow, that's great! That's their choice, and I'm all for having choices.. It's when you don't have a choice.....

I don't have to be a fucking parent. I was a kid and the threat of getting paddled worked for me. If I had gotten paddled, I would have deserved it and a couple days later, I wouldn't have even remembered it.

I don't have to be a fucking parent. I was a kid and the threat of getting paddled worked for me. If I had gotten paddled, I would have deserved it and a couple days later, I wouldn't have even remembered it.

What works for you works for everyone. Gotcha..