GAY Let's all get drunk and play ping pong

3D printer is half apart. Upgrading the bed heater wiring harness, 'cause they decided 12A through a 10A rated connector was a good idea. And installing an autoleveling sensor.

I'm having a beer though, which makes doing this shit on a friday night acceptable.
So, are you planning to put an autoleveling sensor in? Because that might be a good idea.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
What type of autoleveling sensor are you going with? A microswitch or one of them fancy ass optical sensor?
SN04-N inductive sensor.

Printer's all back together with the wiring upgraded and reinstalled nicer, autolevel sensor installed and a proper switched/fused power inlet. Now to get the firmware going.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
SN04-N inductive sensor.

Printer's all back together with the wiring upgraded and reinstalled nicer, autolevel sensor installed and a proper switched/fused power inlet. Now to get the firmware going.
Any reason you chose that one? Seems like half the articles I read about them advocate as simple a system as you can make/reliability of a microswitch and the rest seem to be divided amongst the other various methods.

SN04-N inductive sensor.

Any reason you chose that one? Seems like half the articles I read about them advocate as simple a system as you can make/reliability of a microswitch and the rest seem to be divided amongst the other various methods.

Inductive sensors seem pretty consistent, Thomas Sanladerer set up a pretty good test of a bunch of different sensors.

The 4mm sensing distance is too short to let me use a glass sheet, but that's fine. I'm using masking tape right now but I'm gonna try PEI soon.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Iivr4V7.png