let us speak of Simpsons: The Movie

It has completely changed. And Homer more or less for the worst. Hes a bumbling fool where as in the early 90's he was a father figure and had a brain.

the glory years were up through the mid 90's. after that it was all down hill.

LoL Homer has always been an alcoholic who spends more time at bars then he does with his kids. He constantly forgets that he has a third kid and is normally found skipping work or causing nuclear meltdowns, great father figure

simpsons suffered a lot when conan o'brien quit writing for them and also when phil hartman died...it was never really the same after those two were gone but still worth watching imo

simpsons suffered a lot when conan o'brien quit writing for them and also when phil hartman died...it was never really the same after those two were gone but still worth watching imo

Conan wrote my favorite Simpsons episode of all time, "Marge vs. the Monorail"

LoL Homer has always been an alcoholic who spends more time at bars then he does with his kids. He constantly forgets that he has a third kid and is normally found skipping work or causing nuclear meltdowns, great father figure

In the beginning he wasn't retarded though. He was a stern disciplinarian. Groenig talks about this in his older interviews. People just found it funnier when he was an idiot, so they made him a complete moron instead. "Mmmmm....floor pie!"

he may have always been at moes, but he definely evolved his bafoon personalitly more and more as the seasons go by.

While I find Family Guy very funny, I do hate all the forced clips they put in their shows. It's like they don't even try and just say "It's like that time I [random crap]" just so they can show some funny random crap.

If you want your show to be random crap, then make it that way. Don't try to weave a plot around it.

I find it disjointing to watch.

While I find Family Guy very funny, I do hate all the forced clips they put in their shows. It's like they don't even try and just say "It's like that time I [random crap]" just so they can show some funny random crap.

If you want your show to be random crap, then make it that way. Don't try to weave a plot around it.

I find it disjointing to watch.

Completely weird that you just brought that up. We were talking about it over lunch today, and how that's pretty much everyone's knock against the show. Just thought I'd mention that. It's like we're destined to be together sometimes. :drool:

That's my favorite part about Family Guy, along with their racy humor, though I think Drawn Together is probably the raciest animated show currently. I bet that show gets tons of complaints from humorless people.

Hell, blaxploitation, aznploitation, pigploitation, retardplotation, sexplotation . . . you name it, the've pretty much croseed that line already. And if they haven't, I'm sure their writers would love to hear from you :D