let us speak of Oblivion

Indeed.

All you have to do is enchant 5 items with an Invisibility or Chameleon spell at the Arcane University (each item gives you 20% for a total of 100%). At that point you're basically God. You can steal from, kill, or beat anyone in the game and they can't fight back. It almost makes the game not fun though when you use it permanently, so I put them on and off depending on what I'm doing.

I never understood that whole part of the game. :hs:

How bad does it suck having to cast spells then run?

Uh, it doesn't suck at all. IMO it's been easier to play as a mage than a melee character. The more powerful destruction and conjuration spells absolutely destroy people.

How bad does it suck having to cast spells then run?

Its not too bad, actually.
I chose marksman as a major skill, along with the mage stuff. My destruction skill is pretty high now, so I can take out most enemies with a fireball or lightning bolt and a couple of arrows.
Plus, opening locks with a spell is fukn groovy.

Whats different about Morrowind as opposed to Oblivion?

well... seeing as how they are in different ares of Tamriel...

But Morrowind to me is better than Oblivion. Everything isnt so middleageie. It swings more heavily to the crazy fantasy landscape with lots of different areas in a fairly small space having vastly different landscapes and character. And even though the land is pretty small, it feels huge. Morrowind is lacking a few of the nice features of Oblivion, but the atmosphere cannot be beat (even if the graphics are dated)