let us speak of Oblivion

Not to mention Stealing from various shops and reselling them back thier own goods.

One thing that I don't like about Oblivion is the fact that the Imperial Guard are all omnipresent and if I break into a store in the dead of night, with no one around, they immediately show up out of nowhere to stop me.

One thing that I don't like about Oblivion is the fact that the Imperial Guard are all omnipresent and if I break into a store in the dead of night, with no one around, they immediately show up out of nowhere to stop me.

use the no psychic guards mod

I got fed up with that too. My solution was to kill them all. As an uber thief with a kick ass bow it's pretty easy. With the Golden Arrow mod and explosive arrows it's even easier. Owned by the 360 version though.

I got fed up with that too. My solution was to kill them all. As an uber thief with a kick ass bow it's pretty easy. With the Golden Arrow mod and explosive arrows it's even easier. Owned by the 360 version though.

I had it on the PC initially, but it was lost in The Great Windows Crash of February 2007.

Kiting works well, too. I used to run backwards through the streets unloading hundreds of arrows with about 20 guys following me. Once they're all dead is pretty peaceful. Take out the archers first and then find a high ledge to jump onto and headshot the sword homos.

You need better sneaking skills.

Do higher sneak skills keep them from just randomly appearing in the basement of the building I just happened to break into at 230AM which was 3 blocks away from the nearest guard when I entered?

Do higher sneak skills keep them from just randomly appearing in the basement of the building I just happened to break into at 230AM which was 3 blocks away from the nearest guard when I entered?

No but it will save you a ton of money on your car insurance.

If no one sees you break into the building, no one will show up to put an arrow up your ass. If someone inside the place sees you, they might call a guard.
My previous character was a stealth/thief type and could get in and out of any building unseen with no problems. The trick is finding a place to sell your stolen loot.

So I finished the main Shivering Isles quest. The end fucking sucks. Juggalug was so fucking easy to beat it was retarded. I had MUCH more trouble beating myself to get that tree branch to make the staff of Sheogorath.

Anyone else done?

I haven't got it yet, still playing the original game. I'm about level 11 and just finished my invisibility outfit, so I guess I could do SI at any time.

Are you completely invisible? wtf

Indeed.

All you have to do is enchant 5 items with an Invisibility or Chameleon spell at the Arcane University (each item gives you 20% for a total of 100%). At that point you're basically God. You can steal from, kill, or beat anyone in the game and they can't fight back. It almost makes the game not fun though when you use it permanently, so I put them on and off depending on what I'm doing.