Lesser Known Movies

Smiley Face Plot - After a young actress unknowingly eats her roommate's pot cupcakes, her day becomes a series of misadventures. Anna Faris makes you believe that she is super high.

Ronin

Not sure if that qualifies as lesser known. It did however only win one award and nominated 3 times (even though it deserved more).

"A woman assembles a team of professional killers from all over the world to get a hold on a certain case with some mysterious content. The case is in the hands of some ex-KGB spies and there are many people and organizations that will do anything to get it."

Excellent cast, directing, plot. And quite possibly the best car chase scene in a movie, in my opinion.

Before it's mentioned, 'This is England' is a horrible, cliched movie. One of those ones where you know how its summation about an hour before it's over.

Abusing peoples affinities of 80's Britain under the glorious Thatcher is always a cert to be popular, irrespective of age. Avoid This is England at all costs, unless you want something you could have saw under a different name a million times.

I just remembered a great 90s short mini-series by Oliver Stone.

Wild Palms Plot -"A multi-national corporation attempts to take over America while small pockets of resistance hold out against rampant technology."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106175/

It was a great series and had a lot of very cool ideas. One thing they discussed is how the rhino is all that is left of the unicorn after the world corrupted it.

that movie is awesome.

I suggest:

Shakes the Clown

Riders of the Storm

it rates horribly on imdb but I love how twisted it was...sherlilyn fenn is in it too which doesn't suck...it was filmed in atlanta as well

Pinup4SherilynFennBIG.jpg