WTF Lesbians not allowed to go to prom

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-10-noprom_N.htm

If anyone is interested in the story, a senior in high school was going to bring her lesbian girlfriend (a sophomore) to their prom and dress in tuxes. The school said no. As she started a pending legal battle with the school, the school immediately canceled the prom for all and recommended private parties set up other proms so that those parties can legally bar anyone from attending.

If you are curious about the story and want more info, let me know and I can fill you in. If not please ignore and I can drop it.

When I read "tuxes" I immediately assumed they'd both be the butch/fugly type, amazingly she's not that bad looking according to her picture.

When I read "tuxes" I immediately assumed they'd both be the butch/fugly type, amazingly she's not that bad looking according to her picture.

More news that was just released is that her mother is also a lesbian and from other pictures, her dad is quite a hot bear-type.

That is beyond lame.

The reason for the banning of any prom was that the school does not want the distraction to get too large if they let a lesbian come, so they cancelled it for all. Opps.

They also said that she couldn't come by herself, separately, from her date, then meet up with her at the dance. She would be asked to leave then, too. Like groups of women going stag to the prom is unheard of. She was asked, however, to go with a boy, then she would be allowed in, unless she was wearing a tux, and that would be too distracting and she would be asked to leave. Her gf couldn't come in by herself because she is a sophomore and needed a junior or senior to get in anyway.

The reason for the banning of any prom was that the school does not want the distraction to get too large if they let a lesbian come, so they cancelled it for all. Opps.

They also said that she couldn't come by herself, separately, from her date, then meet up with her at the dance. She would be asked to leave then, too. Like groups of women going stag to the prom is unheard of. She was asked, however, to go with a boy, then she would be allowed in, unless she was wearing a tux, and that would be too distracting and she would be asked to leave. Her gf couldn't come in by herself because she is a sophomore and needed a junior or senior to get in anyway.

Elvis/touching body with hands/touching hands with body

Seriously? Considering that chicks wear little more than a g-string and band aids as their prom dresses anymore, a chick in a tux would be distracting?

Moronic.

An update to the story, apparently a new private prom was put into place. Since this was outside school grounds and support, it was the parents and other outside supporters that sponsored the prom. But actually there was a prom and a birthday party. Let me explain.

http://nems360.com/view/full_story/...rse-Itawamba-prom?instance=home_news_1st_left

To get around the ruling by the court, the parents and students took the recommendation of having a private prom to control the guest list. They scheduled a prom at a country club and gave invitations out to everyone, including the lesbian and her girlfriend and 7 special-ed students. What they didn't mention, however, was there was a second prom also planned by the parents and students. In this prom, dubbed a "birthday party" to those outside of the loop, all BUT those 7 and the lesbian and gf were invited.

Sure looks like one hell if a birthday party for some podunk town in Mississippi.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t6rV3U9ZEHM/S7qAwa9klHI/AAAAAAAAvSE/PjjBNXGR03E/s1600/SecretProm4.jpg

Since this was a private event, there is no legal recourse for these activities.

Constance did the mature and confident thing when this issue first started, by following the rules and going to her school administrator to register her date, which happened to be another girl, and also to ask permission to wear a tux. when she was denied that, she did another mature thing and seek legal council because this was a public school and the school even has an anti-discrimination mission statement posted in the office.

The most childish thing about this is the parent's and student's reaction and following actions toward these rulings. The parents funded and supported a gathering with the explicit mission of excluding some students because they were different.

Illegal? no. Morally toxic? Absolutely.

Legally there is no recourse for this action. No one can be punished for this private discrimination. These events have taught the children nothing about morality or fairness or equality but rather it teaches how to get around the system meant to protect and unify people.

I know some people are vile, but I didn't know whole towns actively abuse the minds of ALL of their children in this way. This is reprehensible and awful. I would recommend all campuses countrywide to steer clear of accepting applications from morally corrupt students such as those found at Fulton High.

Who cares. Once those kids get out into the real world they will realize no one cares or listens to them anyway.

FYI: I called it in a post on another forum:

Jonny_B said:
also: canceling the senior prom to keep a gay couple away from it is FAR more likely to cause violence against them than just allowing them in. when can we expect backlash from the pissy 18 year-olds who can't wear their dress now? or when will we hear about the alternate, "non-school" ball where they will wear it? (invitation only, of course)