lending out money

I bet you lend out $100 bucks all the time and never expect it back, right? It's a $100 bucks. Plus, he said he'd pay me back promptly - my feathers aren't ruffled over the money really, although to me it is a lot of coin. It's just that he said he'd pay me back and he hasn't for 3 months. If you don't want to pay me back, fine, but don't say you will and then don't - had you told me you wouldn't pay me back the $100 bucks I wouldn't have lent it to you in the first place.

If it's that big of a deal to you, then demand payment and ruin your friendship. Plus if you didn't have a notary around while you signed the contract, there's nothing you can do but bitch about it which is pointless to do in the first place.

Lesson Learned: Don't lend money to friends and family that you expect to get back.

I hate owing people so I pay back ASAP on the extremely rare occasions that see me borrowing.

co-sign.

A promoter owes me $350 (tho i said I'd settle for 200, and I've not even gotten THAT yet). Another DJ who booked me owes me $75.

And the old friend who i let crash at my pad owes me about 300. However, he is MIA and I will prob never see that money. I DO have some of his stuff in my garage which I'm about to try and sell, tho I honestly would feel bad keeping the money. plus, he might shank me. he was going thru a "sketchy" period last we were talking. I don't have any idea where he is or what he's doing.

I bet you lend out $100 bucks all the time and never expect it back, right? It's a $100 bucks. Plus, he said he'd pay me back promptly - my feathers aren't ruffled over the money really, although to me it is a lot of coin. It's just that he said he'd pay me back and he hasn't for 3 months. If you don't want to pay me back, fine, but don't say you will and then don't - had you told me you wouldn't pay me back the $100 bucks I wouldn't have lent it to you in the first place.

i agree. if i were to lend out $100, i'd expect it back, especially after the person told me he'd pay me back. and i would not feel bad asking for it, either. AND i don't think that simply asking for the loan back will ruin a friendship. if the person gets testy because i asked for it back, THEY are jeopardizing the relationship, not i. what friend of mine should get mad because i need the money back?

if a friendship is lost over a request for payback, it was never real anyway.

rarely asked and don't need it myself
last time I loaned, it was to a long time buddy that was down on his luck...I gave him 180 and haven't heard from him in like 18 months...probably never see it again but I don't care

I owe like 300 to my boss for cell phone bills but I dont plan on paying him since the phone is primarily used for work. Its 80 bucks a month and last month I used 80 minutes, 60 of that 80 were for work. Then again, he hasnt asked for it so I doubt its an issue

rarely asked and don't need it myself
last time I loaned, it was to a long time buddy that was down on his luck...I gave him 180 and haven't heard from him in like 18 months...probably never see it again but I don't care

LOL YOU ARE SO AWESOME AT LIFE WAW

If it's that big of a deal to you, then demand payment and ruin your friendship. Plus if you didn't have a notary around while you signed the contract, there's nothing you can do but bitch about it which is pointless to do in the first place.

Lesson Learned: Don't lend money to friends and family that you expect to get back.

me asking for the money back won't really ruin anything since the trust is broken for him not sticking to his word. I think I'll opt to call him out on not sticking to his word, but I won't ask for the money back. Does that make sense?

edit: who am I kidding, I'm too lazy to follow up or care about any of this in the end

Last edited: