legal drugs or illegal alcohol...

April23 said:
Thats all government trying to control us. If they took away the control on drugs or alcohol, Americans would go bananas.
Actually, quite the reverse would happen IMO.

Once things become legal, they are no longer 'cool' and a huge section of the population would normalize without a 'freeforall'.

Let the hardcore users drink/smoke/shoot/snort themselves to oblivion and remove them from society.

Detractors always predict wild-west shoot-outs in states where a CCW permit is up for a vote, and it NEVER happens.

And drunk driving as a whole is bullshit, it totally depends on the person. The people who kill themselves or someone else while 'drunk driving', have NO business behind the wheel of a car on public roads while sober.

I agree that they should decriminalize certain drugs. Look at pot like the ciggarette industry. Why woudl I go buy some nasty ass homade cig. when I can get a nicely packaged pack from the store. I think that if it was regulated it woudl be much better than it is now. You wouldn't have as much crime related to drugs as you do now.

Plus it makes me sick that someone with "intent to sell" can get more jail time than some one convicted of rape.

kiwi said:
Both illegal.

(please don't throw rotten fruit at me).

0430067.jpg

At thee!!!

ChikkenNoodul said:
Actually, quite the reverse would happen IMO.

Once things become legal, they are no longer 'cool' and a huge section of the population would normalize without a 'freeforall'.

Let the hardcore users drink/smoke/shoot/snort themselves to oblivion and remove them from society.

Detractors always predict wild-west shoot-outs in states where a CCW permit is up for a vote, and it NEVER happens.

And drunk driving as a whole is bullshit, it totally depends on the person. The people who kill themselves or someone else while 'drunk driving', have NO business behind the wheel of a car on public roads while sober.

They won't go banana's forever... just that certain period of time after all the laws are unlocked.

I like the idea because like you said, it'll weed out the idiots.

FOR A SMARTER AMERICA 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarcasmo said:
Just not a fan of seeing strung out losers everywhere I go, thanks. This country is fucked up enough as it is.

Plus then I'd have to deal with reality tv shows about drugs and life in a crackhouse and whatnot. And I reckon that would make me kill people.

Bubbles likes it when I say "reckon".
I'm sure you are aware of the policies and levels of drug use in the Netherlands, correct?

It's not just making illict drugs legal, there is plenty that would have to go along with it. After all, the DEA will still need jobs for people. The money could/should shift to treatment, harm reduction, and honest education. Addicts are the problem, and they are going to be a problem if its legal or not. So getting them free help (with the massive infux of tax dollars) is the place to start.

And I'd be willing to bet the number of new school kids who tried drugs would be cut in half, as they would lose their rebellious, cool factor...

fly said:
I'm sure you are aware of the policies and levels of drug use in the Netherlands, correct?

It's not just making illict drugs legal, there is plenty that would have to go along with it. After all, the DEA will still need jobs for people. The money could/should shift to treatment, harm reduction, and honest education. Addicts are the problem, and they are going to be a problem if its legal or not. So getting them free help (with the massive infux of tax dollars) is the place to start.

And I'd be willing to bet the number of new school kids who tried drugs would be cut in half, as they would lose their rebellious, cool factor...

I agree!

I'd make drugs legal. We tried making alcohol illegal, it really didn't work. There needs to be more education about responsible use in moderation of both drugs and alcohol. We need to stop just telling kids that it's bad and they shouldn't do them, because they are going to anyway. I don't think use is going to go down though. It's not like school kids don't drink because they aren't old enough to do it yet. Drugs and alcohol can be really fun, there is no getting around it. Curious people are going to try the stuff.

Kinda funny. A good friend of mine did 2 1/2 in federal. Smoked out every day, and even tripped on acid a few times. Not sure where I was going with that but yeah.

And, if you want my opinion :D

( Yes of course you do :fly: )

Prohibition, as eileenbunny said, didn't really work. In fact, it's pretty much direct cause for many of the problems in this country today. We wouldn't have the gun control we have now were it not for thousands of suddenly out of work Treasury agents, people in large numbers didn't go crazy drinking - sure there were plenty of drunks but not the huge party scene that started.