legal drugs or illegal alcohol...

illict drugs legal. Have harsh driving under the influence laws but if you're in your home and do something and don't leave then why should that be illegal? It's your body.

Drunk people are easy to deal with. People who are high and go nuts and saw people's arms off with chainsaws while naked and screaming at the sky....not so much.

b_sinning said:
illict drugs legal. Have harsh driving under the influence laws but if you're in your home and do something and don't leave then why should that be illegal? It's your body.

Precisely. Your body, your business unless and until you harm someone else.

shawndavid said:
I want you to come on over Saturday and I'll quickly change your opinion of that.

I'm sure Bubbles and Candy could assist.
:fly:

Ahem...ahem...

"There is no sweeter sound in the world than you two drunk bitches cakkling at one another."

Or something like that......... :fly:

edit: Dood, I totally vote for the illicit substances. :heart:

Nyx said:
Precisely. Your body, your business unless and until you harm someone else.

People who are whacked out of their mind have a significantly higher chance of wigging out and hurting someone than drunk people.

Marijuana should be legal, but hard drugs should not be. Unless you're a musician. Druggies make awesome music, and that's a fact.

Sarcasmo said:
People who are whacked out of their mind have a significantly higher chance of wigging out and hurting someone than drunk people.

Marijuana should be legal, but hard drugs should not be. Unless you're a musician. Druggies make awesome music, and that's a fact.

1. Partly true, depends on what a person is whacked out on and how whacked out they are. The same drug can have different effects from one person to another, as can alcohol.
2. Excellent reason to have heavy penalties in place for hurting someone while under the influence and for anyone using any sort of drugs to be very, very careful.

fly said:
you don't play well. :hs:

well, i'm serious. i thought about it, and i just don't think drugs should be legal. i know there are responsible people out there that might be able to handle themselves under the influence, but a majority can't. i think that the number of people who use would increase, and the quality of drugs would decrease, and i don't think that's a good combo.

Nyx said:
1. Partly true, depends on what a person is whacked out on and how whacked out they are. The same drug can have different effects from one person to another, as can alcohol.
2. Excellent reason to have heavy penalties in place for hurting someone while under the influence and for anyone using any sort of drugs to be very, very careful.

Penalties won't stop anything, ever. By definition they are reactionary, and when someone is high their faculties are diminished anyway and therefore they aren't giving any consideration to what they could do. They're clinically crazy the entire time they're high.

And sober drug addicts never EVER say "I better not get high, I could do something bad, and would then have to suffer the consequences of my actions." They simply get high.

Thorn Bird said:
well, i'm serious. i thought about it, and i just don't think drugs should be legal. i know there are responsible people out there that might be able to handle themselves under the influence, but a majority can't. i think that the number of people who use would increase, and the quality of drugs would decrease, and i don't think that's a good combo.
But the idea of the thread is if you absolutely have to pick one, what would it be?

I've seen tons of people get hostile and overily aggressive while drunk but I don't ever remember seeing someone that's stoned wanting to start a fight.