lazy sunday

I was at my parents house. They do not have cable. I watched two FIFA games in Spanish (never seen one before), drank beer, napped and then played cards until 12:30.

itburnswhenipee said:
Sweet zombie jesus. Is the two family shuffle a weekly event for you guys? And with kids no less?! Damn. Make the old bastards come to you if they want to give your offspring bad ideas. It's the least they can do.

Yea, not usually. Going to my parents for the night was completely unplanned and we only went up to Kyle's parents due to a special event. Trips to my parents are going to decrease dramatically though as we get closer to having the baby to avoid going in to labor at their house, so it's nice that we got to go down there so much this last month so my dad (my mom comes up here all the time, so she sees her regularly) can see Haylee.

Thorn Bird said:
less intelligent maybe, but i sure am good at spades. :D :p

Less intelligent, as in, my mom and I were teaching two other people how to play spades with a strategy and that is a great basis for learning pinocle.

why_ask_why said:
nursing a bit of a hangover, just ate some awesome italian delivery and plan on couch surfing for hours on end...it's stormy here so perfect day for being a couch slut...what're y'all up to?

edit: I don't want the day to be over but I really wish the new ep of the 4400 was on now :drool:

Heh, last night I watched 4400 for the first time (gah, creepy future lady!!) & we watched the season finally of Venture Brothers back to back with the new episode.

..I think Dr. Orpheous is my favorite character.

Other than that, I just hung around my apartment and geeked out with my roommates/complexmates ...nothing real exciting.

InnerMuse said:
Heh, last night I watched 4400 for the first time (gah, creepy future lady!!) & we watched the season finally of Venture Brothers back to back with the new episode.

..I think Dr. Orpheous is my favorite character.

Other than that, I just hung around my apartment and geeked out with my roommates/complexmates ...nothing real exciting.

you need to rent or dl the previous 2 seasons and catch up...awesome show and you're missing a lot of history and background by jumping in here...still good though even if you don't

killer ep lastnight too...I hate 2 parters though...shit is agonizing to have to wait a week to find out what happens

InnerMuse said:
I've heard of it, but never learned.

All we had when I was young was my grandmother playing dominoes, gin rummy and dice. You have to watch out for those old folks; they like to cheat and change the rules by claiming "selective memory.":D

I've played gin with my grandma since I was probably ten. She gets giddy when she beats me so I have to obliged every now and then.

I learned real cards from my dad and mom. Dad would make a person cry if so inclined playing cards. It's great.

eileenbunny said:
I've always wanted to learn to play pinocle. My parents played it a lot.

For some reason, I don't know if a card game meet would go over so well...:lol:

TNT has been playing Jurassic Park all month, I watched it and remembered how great the book was, so Sunday SchmilK and I went to Borders with the intention of buying the Jurassic Park books... well along the way, I decided I couldn't live without two armfulls of books... so 10 books and $100 later... I made it home and started reading the Jurassic Park book again. :lol: It's SO much better than the movie.

We skipped The 4400 last night. We probably won't catch up on that till after next week so we can watch the 2 parter in sequence. I hate having to wait a week to finish an episode.

Whenever you parents said they were going to go over to someones house to play pinocle they really meant they were going over to have crazy swinger sex. SEX!!!

I haven't watched the 4400 this season and will just wait until end of the season and watch them all. I hate the week to week wait.

eileenbunny said:
IBWIP hates playing cards :(. I should have married someone who would make a good bridge partner. I think a poker playing meet wouldn't be so bad. How can you go wrong with games, gambling and drinking?

you get more and more fuckable every day. :drool: