Layoffs suck

Yay for Canada maybe having two more UF members! Where would you guys look at moving to in Canada?

chim liked Vancouver and I like the sound of it, but I have never been there. We both like Toronto.

chim liked Vancouver and I like the sound of it, but I have never been there. We both like Toronto.

If you do Toronto, do AROUND Toronto and not IN Toronto. Much cheaper being 20 minutes out of the city and still very easy to travel into the city.

Ajax, Whitby or Oshawa... You would probably really like Whitby.

If you do Toronto, do AROUND Toronto and not IN Toronto. Much cheaper being 20 minutes out of the city and still very easy to travel into the city.

Ajax, Whitby or Oshawa... You would probably really like Whitby.

Those are a a fair ways out of the city, a firend of mine around Whitby has a two hour commute each way daily. Live in town, or at least North York, Etobicoke or something.

Last edited:
Why the fuck is everyone talking about Canada like it's a nice place to live. It's not even a nice place to visit. It's cold and everything there sucks Dammit Brad you're not giving up that easy. If you can avoid paying your taxes for years you can get through this.

Those are a a fair ways out of the city, a firend of mine around Whitby has a two hour commute each way daily. Live in town, or at least North York, Etobicoke or something.

Oshawa is about 45 minutes, Whitby should only take 20-30 IIRC... its been a long time though, so I could be wrong.

Hrmmm maybe Ajax/Pickering was only 20-30 minutes, you would know better than me :cool:

I seem to remember the Go Train only taking 45 from ~Shwa though :confused:

Why the fuck is everyone talking about Canada like it's a nice place to live. It's not even a nice place to visit. It's cold and everything there sucks Dammit Brad you're not giving up that easy. If you can avoid paying your taxes for years you can get through this.

I am trying but right now I can move into my friends house with him, his wife and his kid while they are trying to make another one and try to find a shitty job bus'n at some shitty bar... which is just ridiculously douce-baggish. Or I could move up north to my best friends apartment with a spare bedroom all setup for me and have a job lined up.

The last thing I want to do is mooch off my friend who is trying to get his life going and have complete uncertainty of finding a job. Plus the "room" I would be staying in is attached to there room with no wall. Again, it just matters if we can bail our company out so its all a big "if" right now but I have to start lining things up. I have been completely broke, 0 cash for almost 2 months and what I pre-paid on my bills is done at the end of this month.

damn.. i would go find a second job asap bro. serious. start bus'n (or whatever) now so you can stack some paper. fock, pick up some shifts at 7-11 or something.

something.

:heart:

I have been looking within walking distance from the house... nodda, not even Race Track or Taco Bell. I have to get a bus schedule this weekend and start trying to map out from that... life be shit :(

Sadly and completely my fault but I have to find something without a drug test too so that is hindering my search as well. I havent smoked in awhile but its still in the system.

I found a job promoting for a club but that is no guaranteed money either and I have been out of the game for so long that it will be tough.

sheeeeeeit, I coulda' used you last Saturday.. I even hit up fly. needed a roadie.

I'll try to keep you in mind if I hear anything.

club promotions bite, most of the time.

Definately appreciated

They said on a good night their promoters make 3-400 but I highly doubt that. I just dont think I know enough party people anymore to make money doing it. 3 years back, maybe... not now. The only thing good about it is I have been friends with these people since they first bought out the place and was good friends with the old owner. I helped them get the place going a couple years back with Dj's and parties, random shit. Atrium.. you've spun there right?

if my company folds i'll probably end up back in canada too. Ottawa or Halifax most likely, but Victoria would be cool.