Halp Lawn Mowers

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
:waw: Really not having any luck with this mower.

Been mowing the yard today for about 2 hours. Started hearing a rapid clanking sound so I turned the motor off. Now the mower seems to be jammed. The cord will not pull at all.

I have looked at the blade and don't see anything stopping it from turning.

Been 18 years since I've been around mowers, so I can't remember a shitting thing about them.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

I was able to force the blade to turn with a bit of force, though it didn't seem to want to turn. After forcing it for awhile it finally allowed me to pull the cord and it started.

Ran it for about 15 - 20 minutes and the same damn thing happened. Although this time after forcing the blade to allow me to pull the cord, it will not kick over and start. The oil is full, and was only put in there Friday.

I've learned twice that you get what you pay for with lawn mowers. About ready to buy the third one in four years. :lol:

I've learned twice that you get what you pay for with lawn mowers. About ready to buy the third one in four years. :lol:

I've owned two as an adult, both have been abused, neglected, and never had oil checked or even changed.

The first one was stolen when it was about 8 years old, was still running fine.

The second is going on 5 years now and still works well enough, has some overheating issues ever since someone (not me) filled it with 2-stroke mix :dont: but hasn't died yet.

Both were bottom-of-the-barrel cheap as well.

I've owned two as an adult, both have been abused, neglected, and never had oil checked or even changed.

The first one was stolen when it was about 8 years old, was still running fine.

The second is going on 5 years now and still works well enough, has some overheating issues ever since someone (not me) filled it with 2-stroke mix :dont: but hasn't died yet.

Both were bottom-of-the-barrel cheap as well.

When I removed the oil cap, their was what looked like smoke coming out of there. A little bit, but noticeable. Everything I know about other engines is telling me that is not good. Same thing for small engines?