Last night, I reached a new high (low) in nerd-dom

DirkPhoenix said:
Anywhere from 10pm to 11:30pm. I should be at work anywhere from 7 - 8 am. I just have trouble getting motivated, and I think this will do it.

Get up, or I'll steal your ovaries.

i hit the snooze button at least 5-6 times in the morning. its only a 7min snooze, and if thats not bad enough i get out of bed and walk across the room to turn it off.

DirkPhoenix said:
I was going for something annoying enough and difficult enough to actually make me use the part of my brain that might say "Hey fucktard, get to work so you can get PAID to spam."

Or maybe have it turn off after you "shock the monkey" like that ad...

Why is it so hard to wake up in the morning? Are you not getting enough sleep? Is the quality of sleep no good? Are you giving yourself extra time that you can just hit the snooze and go back to bed? Do You drink excess caffiene?

Sorry... I stopped drinking caffiene and actually took a pair of pliers to my snooze button and after a week, I was waking up better than I have in my life.

SwedishChef said:
Why is it so hard to wake up in the morning? Are you not getting enough sleep? Is the quality of sleep no good? Are you giving yourself extra time that you can just hit the snooze and go back to bed? Do You drink excess caffiene?

Sorry... I stopped drinking caffiene and actually took a pair of pliers to my snooze button and after a week, I was waking up better than I have in my life.
I think I just like sleeping. But I'll try and cut back on the caffeine.

Metall mesh in bed + high volltage power supply + alarmclock wired to said powersupply = win.

I actually heard about a guy that did this, it worked perfectly albeit a bit uncomfortable.

DirkPhoenix said:
I think I just like sleeping. But I'll try and cut back on the caffeine.
I've cut out caffeine and quit smoking and eaten well balanced meals and all that crap. I've found that the only thing that really makes a difference for me is the diet aspect of it. If I eat healthy, I feel better and thus it's easier to wake up in the morning. Also, once I started getting up at 5am to run every morning, my body just naturally wakes up at that time now. I feel rested and everything, not to mention that I've lost about 5 pounds in a week and a half from doing it. I'm eating pretty good sized breakfasts now too. Just this morning I had a sausage mushroom omlette and some biscuits. It was everything I hoped it could be.