Last day fun.

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
So, it is my last day at my job. Anyone have any amusing anecdotes for last days? (Preferrably plain old funny, not drama. :) )

We could turn this in to another continuing story, btw. That was somewhat amusing.

"Waking up this morning rather late and realizing my room mate was having trouble opening the bathroom door, I briefly thought about how much difference it would make if I skipped work. It was not as if they could fire me, after all."

taeric said:
"Waking up this morning rather late and realizing my room mate was having trouble opening the bathroom door, I briefly thought about how much difference it would make if I skipped work. It was not as if they could fire me, after all."

But as I placed my hand in my pocket, I felt the smoke bombs I had purchased earlier just for this special day. I had to go to work.

theacoustician said:
Hey fgt. Why don't you tell us about your new job?

Mainly because I don't like talking about taking it up the rear. :) (Honestly, it is because I don't like talking about the new job while at the old one. Not sure if that makes any sense. ) (Also, can you tell I've not been too busy lately? I've probably posted more in the past week than.... well, ever.)

The new job is more java programming. I will post a link later, if interested. They do "resource" tracking. The main resource is people under house arrest. :) The healthcare industry is also interested. All I know is the guy had a very well done design and a process to ensure the design is followed. That definitely counted as a plus for me. (The raise didn't hurt, I will admit. The commute sucks.)

taeric said:
Mainly because I don't like talking about taking it up the rear. :) (Honestly, it is because I don't like talking about the new job while at the old one. Not sure if that makes any sense. ) (Also, can you tell I've not been too busy lately? I've probably posted more in the past week than.... well, ever.)

The new job is more java programming. I will post a link later, if interested. They do "resource" tracking. The main resource is people under house arrest. :) The healthcare industry is also interested. All I know is the guy had a very well done design and a process to ensure the design is followed. That definitely counted as a plus for me. (The raise didn't hurt, I will admit. The commute sucks.)

People actually keep track of you when you're on house arrest.

Uh oh.

:shifty:

My mother-in-law was on house-arrest for 180 days. We're talking ankle monitor and the whole 9 yards. It was a Tax Evasion thing.

Found out the proximity sensor in those things sucks. Weird things caused it to think she'd bolted for the woods (hair dryers held too close to the ankle bracelet, old cordless phones, etc.) - lots of false alarms.

Wonder if the new ones are any better - or better designed to not throw false positives as often?

torch the place
milton2.jpg

Thorn Bird said:
are you celebrating tonight?

Actually, I didn't really do much celebrating. I bought a couple of video games and then passed out. I don't know why, but I was dead tired.