laptops

I hate you americans with your cheap hardware and coupons and discounts and all that good stuff :(

I Robert I said:
I hate you americans with your cheap hardware and coupons and discounts and all that good stuff :(
Yeah, but you have....

ummmm

yeah

pyromeg said:
go with the dell....they make good machines......faster+cheaper=better! and what is this $750 off dell coupon code?????? I'm actually searching for a new laptop myself.......but I will be shopping at best buy for the sole reason that my brothers work at mcdonalds(best buy bucks!!!!!) and they love me so much that they have managed to acculumate 900 of them for me! yay! SO, if anyone has thoughts on a laptop sold at best buy comments/suggestions would be much appreciated.
read the thread foo, i'm getting the thinkpad. more machine for less money = win.

edit: apparently the $750 code is for desktops only, i found one for $350 for laptops, but it has since expired.

CletusJones said:
read the thread foo, i'm getting the thinkpad. more machine for less money = win.

edit: apparently the $750 code is for desktops only, i found one for $350 for laptops, but it has since expired.

hey screwball, you asked for advice, advice was given. :) What more do you want from me?!?!?! On second thought.......don't answer that!

pyromeg said:
hey screwball, you asked for advice, advice was given. :) What more do you want from me?!?!?! On second thought.......don't answer that!
I would like you to be at my place, naked, oiled up, and with three friends.

gogogo!!!

kikbot said:
I would choose the Dell over the Asus because I've used many Dell laptops over the years. Dell makes good machines both laptop and desktop. I don't know about Asus, I know I like their videocards and motherboards not sure how well they make a laptop.

I would rate the IBM Thinkpad as #1. I have used many different Thinkpads over the years and all of them are very well built. They are more expensive than other brands because they are of superior qaulity.

1. IBM
2. Dell
3. Compaq
4. others

Compaq and Dell listed, but no Toshiba? Having done servicing on all the major brands (Toshiba, IBM, Dell, Compaq / HP) Toshiba and IBM are very, very close, with a small edge given to IBM. In my experiences, Toshiba is a far better choice then Dell and / or Compaq.

Bordak said:
Compaq and Dell listed, but no Toshiba? Having done servicing on all the major brands (Toshiba, IBM, Dell, Compaq / HP) Toshiba and IBM are very, very close, with a small edge given to IBM. In my experiences, Toshiba is a far better choice then Dell and / or Compaq.
Back when the 486dx2/66 was the cream of the crop, my mom had a Toshiba Satellite, the thing was a trooper, it still worked when I tossed it out last summer before I moved and had been through hell and back. Dropped, stepped on, kicked, used as a seating device... you get the idea. I've heard things like this about the IBMs too, and with kikbot's help, I couldn't pass that one up, it was practically a no brainer. I'll be getting more machine for less money than I had originally expected to spend. :D