Laptop issues

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I have a couple so here we go...it's a dell inspiron 6000

1. I purchased (and have sold) an mp3 controller made by Behringer. The software for said unit was unstable so the manual instructed me to go into my device mgr and change some settings. After I did this my battery life went to shit. I have since changed them back. The battery life problem may be attributed to #2 though. Also, when i was making changes per Behringer I somehow lost my battery icon in the tray and my little speaker icon. How do I get these back?

2. I had an adapter issue where there was a loose connection in the section with the plug causing a complete loss of power which would, in turn, given my short battery life, cause the comp to just shut off if this connection was broken. I would have to wiggle it to find teh sweet spot to get the light on the adapter to come on thus showing power. My battery light now is always flashing yellow/orange about three times per second. I bought a new complete adapter and power cord which has obviously fixed teh issue of teh connection, but my battery will no longer hold a charge and the comp shuts down as soon as powr is interrupted. Could teh battery have been destroyed by the faulty adapter? I'm assuming a new battery will fix this problem.

So...if a new battery will fix my issues I guess all I need to know is how to get my icons back.

Thanks in advance

Speaker Icon: Start->Control Panel->Sounds and Devices->Check box next to "Place Volume Icon in Taskbar"

I'm not on my laptop now so i'm not sure about the battery one, i'll check. It's probably under Power Options in Control Panel

yup, batteries can go bad...just replace it

icons can be restored under control panel->sounds and control panel->power

if your computer dies as soon as you unplug it your battery is toast. time to buy a replacement. i also recommend not leaving the new battery in the laptop if you're going to be plugged in for a long period of time. apparently that'll shorten it's life span.

replace the motherboard. those insprions have tempermental mbs. and basicly in messing with the irq settings you may have fried the board.

do you want a diagnostic disc to use to check? i have a pile of them.

Like I said 2 months ago...

You ran over your power cord with the law mower or however you managed to ruin it. Now the adapter will not work so go buy a new one but your battery is probably fried from the blown adapter.

To renew what else I said...

I can bring over my external dvd burner so we can back up anything you need to on the HD before we reformat it with a basic XP disk. I am free this weekend and will also be working on another laptop if you need me to help.

You ran over your power cord with the law mower or however you managed to ruin it. Now the adapter will not work so go buy a new one but your battery is probably fried from the blown adapter.

I can bring over my external dvd burner so we can back up anything you need to on the HD before we reformat it with a basic XP disk. I am free this weekend and will also be working on another laptop if you need me to help.

Yeah just give him a call and he will run over . . . . oh wait.

Again, don't trust this guy. He's got that crazy ass haircut. Think about it. You'll thank me in the end.

I have a new adapter. I just wanted teh group consensus so I don't drop a bill on a new battery

i appreciate it, but I won't have time this weekend.