Ladies & Fly ITT we discuss boots

BadMojo

Half-staff Member
Feb 20, 2006
Marklar
₥0
So I bought this great black outfit a couple of weeks ago and decided all it needed was a great pair of black knee high boots. I tried on a million different pairs in various stores this afternoon and have to come to a very sad conclusion.

My calves are too big to fit into any of the boots. :mad: :( I even tried pairs with elastic in the back...still won't zip up. Totally sucks! Now I'm going to return the cute outfit. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

So I bought this great black outfit a couple of weeks ago and decided all it needed was a great pair of black knee high boots. I tried on a million different pairs in various stores this afternoon and have to come to a very sad conclusion.

My calves are too big to fit into any of the boots. :mad: :( I even tried pairs with elastic in the back...still won't zip up. Totally sucks! Now I'm going to return the cute outfit. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

THIS IS WHY COWBOY BOOTS ARE AWESOME. not cowboy boots. :mad: who are you anyway.

Just because I was born, rasied, and still live in Texas doesn't mean that I have to own cowbot boots.

Anyway, cowboy boots just aren't the right kind for the outfit.

Most Cobblers (if they have any near you) can modify a pair of boots to fit your calf size. Depending on their skill they can leave the boot looking as if it was originally intended to be that size.

No, you are not the only person to have this problem. Yes, I used to have three pairs of modified english riding boots. You know, for riding.

Most Cobblers (if they have any near you) can modify a pair of boots to fit your calf size. Depending on their skill they can leave the boot looking as if it was originally intended to be that size.

No, you are not the only person to have this problem. Yes, I used to have three pairs of modified english riding boots. You know, for riding.

You went to a cobbler.

this is going to sound bad since you don't fit the mold at ALL, but have you tried plus-size stores? maybe lane bryant or a store like that carries boots that fit the bigger calves. i think this is a very common problem, regardless of size.

this is going to sound bad since you don't fit the mold at ALL, but have you tried plus-size stores? maybe lane bryant or a store like that carries boots that fit the bigger calves. i think this is a very common problem, regardless of size.

I was thinking about trying a store like that. I'm not sure that Lane Bryant sells shoes but I will check it out.

i was browsing the Eddie Bauer holiday catalog the other day and they specifically advertised wider-calved knee-high boots. might be worth a look.

i was browsing the Eddie Bauer holiday catalog the other day and they specifically advertised wider-calved knee-high boots. might be worth a look.

Cool, I have a coupon for Eddie Bauer. I will check it out.