Kurt Vonnegut died :(

It always shocks me when famous authors die. It seems that because they are famous I always assume they are dead in the first place. Like Ursula Le Guin, I am reading one of her lesser known books atm and I wanted to look up something about her, and lo and behold she's not dead. And she's American! Wtf.

I heard about this on my way to work today, and eileenbunny's right. I am sad about it. Still, he was an old, old man. These things are always inevitable. He'd even given up on his latest work in progress. It seems like he was pretty much done anyways:

An August 2006 article reported:

He has stalled finishing his highly anticipated novel If God Were Alive Today - or so he claims. "I've given up on it ... It won't happen. ... The Army kept me on because I could type, so I was typing other people's discharges and stuff. And my feeling was, 'Please, I've done everything I was supposed to do. Can I go home now?' That's what I feel right now. I've written books. Lots of them. Please, I've done everything I'm supposed to do. Can I go home now?"

VonnegutSoItGoes.jpg

Last edited:
This does make me feel even older. He was one of my favorite childhood authors along with:

Aldous Huxley who wrote, "The Doors of Perception."