KNYTE needs a new career, give him some suggestions

I'm not sure how I feel about my husband being a policeman in NY. I prefer a job where he's not likely to be killed everyday.

Actually a state trooper had someone pulled over in front of my house earlier...

These guys dont police NYC. You should google Plattsburgh, NY, Watertown, NY, etc. Lotta postings up there, middle of the adirondack mountains.

Actually a state trooper had someone pulled over in front of my house earlier...

These guys dont police NYC. You should google Plattsburgh, NY, Watertown, NY, etc. Lotta postings up there, middle of the adirondack mountains.

What kind of pay do NY officers get? I know most police are underpaid and overworked.

What kind of pay do NY officers get? I know most police are underpaid and overworked.

$61,525, after graduation, full health, dental etc, goes up after a year, then 5 etc. Then they have location pay because the cost of living varies a lot around the state. The only thing is that you can be posted anywhere in the state, you get to pick preferences but it's ultimately their choice.

My cousin is one, very cool job. The selection process isnt quite as brutal as the military but it's hard compared to other police agencies. It pays overall a lot better than federal law enforcement.

They are also real cops, not just highway patrol. Usually do all the police work for rural areas.

Last edited: